Chapter 41 - Einar

Each day at lunch, I glanced at Ezra and wondered how to talk to him. I have his number, but I wasn't gathering the strength to text him. What if he doesn't respond? Or worse, what if he tells me off or yells at me?

The weekend was coming, and the team had another home game. I asked Charlie to come and stay the night at my house this time. I also figured, if he and Liz come, then they can get to know each other. Saturday morning, mom drove us to pick him up at his house on the way to the game.

Once there, the coach cornered me. "So, when can you rejoin the team? We're all eager to have you back."

"I have an appointment with my doctor this week to go over my results from my last brain scans. I guess I'll find out then," I said.

"Ok, let me know. I'll also need a letter clearing you to play from your doctor," he said.

After he walked away, Charlie spoke. "What was that? Are you going to play again?"

"Yeah, Im going to try anyway."

"I think that'll be great. I'll definitely come and watch you play. But you need to come watch me play, too."

I know they play indoors during the winter and outdoor during the rest of the year. I wonder which they prefer. "Just let me know when."

Once the game began, we went up the bleachers, and I looked for Liz. She was late, but she showed up during the first period.

"Sorry, I needed to finish some homework and lost track of time," she said.

She shook Charlie's hand and sat next to me. I was nervous about them being together for the first time. I love them both and want to be with them both. But, I have no reference on how to encourage something like this to work out.

Nor do I know how to get two people to talk and like each other in as fast a time as I wish. We talked back and forth for the entire game. They seemed to have no problems talking, but how would I even know when they're close enough to know if it could work? Am I allowed to just ask them?

The funny thing is, I've never even been in a standard relationship to know how that works. Of the three of us, I think Charlie's the only one who's dated before. All I knew was I didn't want to force the subject the first time they meet.

Back home, Scruffy ran up to Charlie, sniffed him, then decided he liked him. Not that I didn't already know it, but that was just another proof that Charlie's a great person. Dogs always know.

I grabbed a bag of chips for us, and we all ran upstairs. Charlie joined me on my bed and Scruffy looked like he wanted to join us. Instead, Eirik picked him up and laid on his bed with him.

"What do you guys want to do?" Charlie asked. I answered by kissing him.

"Come on, not in front of me and Scruffy," Eirik said. "Lets play games, or we can watch a movie."

"Sorry Eirik," Charlie said. "Blame Einar."

"Don't worry, I do." They both laughed.

"Do you have any LGBT movies?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, I bought Call Me By Your Name after Christmas but haven't watched it yet."

"Yes, let's watch it. You will both love it," Charlie said.

"Ok, but let me shower first. Get your kissing out of the way while I'm in there," Eirik said.

As soon as he was in the bathroom, Charlie rolled onto me and we kissed. It was as amazing as I remembered. Maybe if dad caught me like this, he would see how happy we are and finally accept how beautiful it is.