Chapter 32 - Einar

Pulling my phone out to text Charlie, Liz sat down next to me in the bleachers. I didn't even notice her coming until she sat down. It left me thoroughly surprised.

"I heard you kissed Noah," she said.

I looked into her eyes, trying to figure out if she was upset. "Yes."

"Did you enjoy it?"

I shrugged. "It felt like I was kissing family. There was no feeling or genuine emotion in the kiss."

She smiled and looked away for a minute. I glanced at her the smoothness of her cheek. She really was beautiful. "How was the kiss with me?"

"It was amazing," I said.

"So, do you like girls over guys?"

"I like both. I also kissed Charlie, and that was amazing, too."

Her head snapped back to me. I couldn't tell if she was upset or hurt. "Is Charlie the one that sits across from you at lunch?"

"Yes."

"So, are you bisexual?" she asked.

My head moved back and forth. "No, I'm abrosexual. My sexuality changes from time to time. Some days I like guys, some days I like girls, and other days I like everyone."

She nodded along. "Sounds complicated."

"Yeah. Sometimes I think my dad broke me. Like he fractured my soul."

She touched my arm and squeezed softly. "You feel solid to me."

"What if I fall for someone and we date, but there are days when I'm no longer attracted to them? I'm positive it will go back hours or days later, but for that time, I may not be interested. I don't want to hurt anyone like that."

I continued after a few seconds. "What if there are two people I really want to be with, a boy and a girl? Is it wrong to want them both? I mean, if my sexuality changes, then they could have each other as well."

"What you want is a polyamorous relationship. As long as everyone is happy and into it, then whatever. But you can't all get married."

"How did you find out about that?" I asked.

She turned away again. "Movies. Maybe I've thought about it as well."

I felt my chest leap. "So, are you into that sort of thing?"

"It would depend on the guys. But, I want a family someday and to be married. So, I don't know."

"Oh."

She looked back into my eyes. "You just need to be honest with both people. Don't cheat and keep them secret from each other. Do you already have two people you want to be with?"

I looked down, worried what she would say. "You and Charlie."

"You're sweet," she said. There was a smile on her face, but I wasn't sure how she felt about it.

We were both silent for several long minutes. She finally broke the silence. "I like you and would even date you. But I don't know him."

My chest filled with excitement. "You would date me?"

"Sure. You're a wonderful person."

Wow. Dad told me no one would ever want me, but now two people seem to want to date me. Maybe I'm not doomed to be alone after all.

"How would Charlie feel about being with two people?" she asked.

"He just doesn't want me to be with other guys," I said.