Sick Day

So, I woke up feeling like crap on Tuesday morning due to some recent stress in my life(I'm feeling a bit better now, btw) and I decided the only logical thing to do was torture Griffin and make him feel my pain. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I'm so evil. Regardless, enjoy!!! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It starts with a throbbing sensation in the base of his skull, his shoulder blades tensing up on him and the contents of last night's supper slowly making their way up, up, up, up!!!! Yep, you guessed it ladies and gents. Griffin Campbell is SICK!!!!! And Griffin is never sick. EVER!!! It just didn't happen. It was like Wyatt and Zoey with the whole mystery-solving and ghost thing. It just didn't happen. Except they did often solve mysteries and go ghostbusting and it was a little weird and kinda ruined his whole theory. Now, here he was, sick and miserable. It wasn't like he had the chicken pox, pneumonia or even COVID. It was just small stomachache and cold but it was enough to make him feel like a bag of rotten potatoes. His head felt clogged and heavy, his nose was stuffy AF and he was almost always sneezing wiping away little bits of snot dripping down his face. He was also sweating and shivering at the same time, which didn't help his case. His throat was also so sore that no water or honey could soothe it. Thankfully, his dad, Ben, and his girlfriend Harper's mom, Jess, had volunteered to stay at The Tremont and watch Griffin while his mom, Sarah, was out running errands. Unfortunately, Jess was less happy about the whole ordeal because she was both fussing over Griffin like any mother would if their child was sick but she was also bitching and moaning about how she had to close the restaurant today. Griffin had just put Jess's bad mood down to PMS, which was one of those things he really didn't want to think about. He was already in a bad mood as it was. He'd been sick since last Tuesday, and was forced to miss the Battle of the Bands after school on Friday and that really ticked him off. It sucked being sick. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Later that afternoon, around 4:30, after about eight tissue boxes, five hot showers and one bowl of tomato soup and saltine crackers, Griffin was laying on his bed, listening to music on his headphones, and bored out of his mind as he tossed a small, rubber basketball in the air and he caught it, with perfect timing and precision every time. A few minutes later, Griffin was still tossing and catching the small basketball when he suddenly felt someone poking him at his side, startling him and making him not catch the basketball. Suddenly angry, Griffin rolled over and was ready to murder whichever one of the twins or Topher(if he found the energy for that), only to find Harper on her knees next to his bed. "What're doing here?! I thought you had to help Mom get groceries for supper tonight?" asked Griffin more harsh-sounding than he would've liked because of the sore throat he had. His girlfriend only beamed at him happily, clearly not worried about Griffin's current tone of voice. But then again, when was Harper ever bothered by anything? "You're sick, dummy. And as the awesome girlfriend I am, I decided to come see you instead of helping your mom with shopping. Besides, Zoey already volunteered after I said I wanted to see you." said Harper as she brought Griffin's desk chair over to his bed and sat down in it as she held his hand and slid his headphones off his ears. "Harper, as much as I appreciate this, aren't you worried you might get sick too?" asked Griffin worriedly, in between a coughing fit. "No. Unlike someone else I know, I'm not afraid of a little shots and needles. Plus, I already got my cold and flu shot." said Harper in a very I told you so way as she playfully smacked Griffin's shoulder. "Hey, in my defense, those needles hurt, okay?!" whined Griffin. "Mmm-hmm. Sure they do. Now, scooch over. I want to cuddle with my sick boyfriend and make him feel better." said Harper as she climbed up on Griffin's bed, much to his surprise before she pulled him in for a quick kiss on the lips. "Woah, Harper. Just because you got your shots, doesn't mean you won't get sick, especially if you're kissing me." said Griffin worriedly. "Oh, shut up. Besides, this ain't our first time cuddling and kissing, and I'm not gonna let a little thing like some stupid sickness get in the way of me showering my boyfriend with hugs and kisses. And to be honest, it was kinda boring at school today without you there." said Harper as she scooched closer to Griffin. "Oh, wow. I didn't realize you were only dating me so you wouldn't fail the curriculum." said Griffin sarcastically as he let his eyes close, feeling content with having his awesome girlfriend at his side and helping him not be so miserable while he felt like a bag of rotten potatoes. He didn't even realize he had fallen asleep until he heard his door opening. It took him a bit of effort to crack his eyes open and as soon he did, he wished he hadn't been stupid because he saw Zoey standing in his doorway, her phone in her hand, and a smug grin on her face. "Zoey, I'm only gonna ask you this once:How long have you been standing there and did you take any pictures?" asked Griffin groggily as he attempted to block out the light shining into his room from the hallway with his pillow. "Well, to answer your questions, Mom and I just got home not even ten minutes ago and, yes, I did take pictures of you and Harper being all cuddly and lovey-dovey. What did you expect? Besides, Mom wanted Harper's help with putting away the groceries and I just came up here to get her. I didn't think I'd get a free pass to The Griffin and Harper Show as well." said Zoey, smirking mischievously as she walked over and helped Harper gently slide off of Griffin's bed and get up so she could help Sarah with the groceries and their supper for the evening. "Not funny." said Griffin annoyed as he watched Zoey steal Harper from him with a surprising amount of ease. "Hold on." said Harper as she pulled away from Zoey and walked back to Griffin and bent down to give him a quick kiss on the forehead and then on the mouth. "Get better soon, Guitar God. Love you." said Harper quietly as she stood back up and walked towards Griffin's door before turning back to look at her boyfriend. "Thanks. And, btw, I enjoy our cuddles together." said Griffin hoarsely as he pulled his blankets back on him to help get a bit more comfortable. Harper just grinned and blew him an air kiss before going back downstairs with Zoey, taking care to close his bedroom door for him. About ten minutes later, he heard water boiling downstairs and the smell of wet spaghetti noodles hit him in the face. He was in love with Harper so much right now. He'd have to remember to tell her that later.

Griffin fell back asleep, smiling from ear to ear. He was already feeling better. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hope you guys enjoyed this one-shot. And I apologize for it being a tad bit shorter than my other one-shots. I'm just kinda going through some shit right now and not really feeling great. And for those of you wondering, my next one-shot WILL be out Valentine's Day, so be on the lookout for that. Take care, guys. Ciao. <3<3<3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------