Wyatt's Big Break

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Requested by @MadisonGrace18 (AU)

Based on a true story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------They say about 53.6% of all accidents happen in your own home, including the bathroom. Which is exactly how Wyatt Campbell ended up breaking his leg one Friday night in 2024. How, you ask? Well, during a fancy dinner party at The Tremont that night, Wyatt had excused himself to go take a whiz. And while he was doing that, his right leg fell asleep and when he got up off the toilet, his leg came out from under him and his ankle snapped.

And from there, it was just pure pandemonium. Ben and Sarah were on the phone with the hospital, Griffin was getting some spare pillows from the linen closet for Wyatt to prop his leg on, Jess and Harper were trying to keep guests calm and away from the bathroom, Zoey was a hyperventilating mess and Topher was stress-eating his feelings by eating mint chocolate chip ice cream straight from the giant carton with a spoon.

"Okay, Wyatt, the ambulance is gonna be here in about ten minutes to take you to the hospital. Now, do you want me or Mom to come with you?" asked Ben worriedly as he put his phone back in his pants pocket. Wyatt groaned as he raised his head to look at Ben. "Honestly, I really don't care who comes with me. Now, can someone do me a favor and let Savannah know that I'm not gonna be able to hang out with her later this evening?" he asked in between audible gasps and groans. "On it!!!" yelled Griffin, pulling his phone out and quickly speed-dialing Savannah, Wyatt's best friend and girlfriend.

"Hello?" asked Savannah cheerily. "Hey, Sav. It's Griffin." "Oh, hey, Griffin. What's up? I was just about to come over to The Tremont to hang out with Wyatt." she said giddily. "Yeah, about that." said Griffin nervously, rubbing his neck. "I know that voice. Griffin, what happened?" she asked worriedly, her voice laced with obvious concern. "Well, it's just that, Wyatt kinda, sorta broke his leg and is gonna be........." That's all that Savannah heard as her brain came to a screeching halt and Griffin's voice became fuzzy and faint.

 There's no way she just heard that right. Wyatt broke his leg? It can't be. Sure, he could be a little bit of a daredevil at times, but he never did anything extremely stupid or dangerous. And between you and me, she found Wyatt's crazy energy to be very cute. After taking a few deep breaths and shaking her head to clear away some of the shock, Griffin's voice came back to her. "Savannah? Savannah, are you there?" he asked worriedly. "Yeah, yeah, I'm here." she answered quickly, knowing she had to be there for Wyatt more than ever right now. "Good. Anyways, like I was saying, the ambulance is gonna be----Oh, never mind, they just showed up. I'm gonna have to let you go for now, but if you wanna be at the hospital in about thirty to forty minutes, that'd be great. See you soon." said Griffin hurriedly, ending the call. "Well, this is just great." said Savannah sarcastically, heading downstairs to the kitchen, where her mom was making some spaghetti and meatballs for supper.

"Hey, Mom? If you don't mind, I could use a ride to the hospital." she said calmly. "What? Why? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?" asked her mom worriedly as she stopped stirring the pasta in the pot. "No, but Wyatt did. I'll explain more on the way." she said, quickly putting her shoes on and heading out to her mom's car. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Almost an hour-and-a-half later, Savannah was finally allowed to see Wyatt. It took the doctors a little bit longer than expected to get the cast on his leg and afterwards, they had to go over everything Wyatt couldn't do while he had the cast on. Needless to say, Wyatt was gonna be taking it super easy for about eight-to-twelve weeks. Knocking on the door, Savannah took a deep breath to calm her nerves, knowing she had to remain calm for her boyfriend and Seahorse. "Come in." answered Wyatt hoarsely, letting out a small cough. "Oh, hey Savannah. How are you doing?" he asked, forcing a weak, tired smile on his face. "Aside from finding out that my boyfriend went and broke his leg, I'm doing well. But seriously though, what happened to you? I had a heart attack when Griffin told me that you broke your leg." she said worriedly, quickly waving a silent hello to Sarah, who was sitting in the chair next to his bed.