Time and Time Again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To say that Griffin and Harper couldn't believe that they had a kid in the future and said kid was currently standing right in front of them would have to be the understatement of the century. Harper's eyes were practically bulging out of her skull as she tried no to think about the fact that she and Griffin.....you know. And Griffin. Oh, poor, sweet Griffin was looking as pale as a ghost as he looked anywhere but at Harper or Nick, his mind officially broken.

Finally, though, after a few more minutes of awkward silence, Harper found her voice again. "I'm sorry. Th-this is crazy. I mean, we can't have a kid in the future. There's no way." Nick just glanced between his two teenage parents before he sighed, knowing how awkward this must've been for them. "How do you think I feel? You guys used to always tell me stories about how much you two were awkward dorks who were madly in love with one another when you guys were young. Before everything went downhill." said Nick sadly, his eyes slightly watering. At that, Griffin perked up. "Wait, you said that destroying the radio would be a huge mistake. Why? I mean, we defeated Judge Walker, my mom's okay and we just came from 2024. How bad could the future really be if we don't use the radio ever again?" asked Griffin curiously as he set the hammer down on the table.

"You sure you wanna know the answer to that question? Just warning you know, the future isn't all that pretty." said Nick worriedly as he walked over to the radio. Harper just shrugged her shoulders. "Yes, we're sure. I mean, if the future is somehow gonna get screwed up, we should at least try and fix it before breaking the radio." Nick just chuckled wryly. "Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you though." said Nick somewhat ominously as he turned the dials on the radio. "Guess we're not done adventuring." whispered Griffin to Harper as they followed Nick through the hatch. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- After they climbed out of the hatch, they couldn't help but notice a rather nasty smell in the air as they took in their surroundings. "Ugh! What's that smell? It looks like the sewer line exploded  all over the place." said Griffin with his noise plugged as he pointed at all the black gunk covering the trees and the ground. "I wish I could tell you." said Nick nonchalantly as he led Griffin and Harper towards The Tremont. "All I know is that whatever the heck is this started after the big storm of 2049. Right after your guys' fifteenth wedding anniversary, to be specific." said Nick quickly as he turned to face his young parents.

 "Wait, did you say "2049"?! Just how far in the future are we?" asked Griffin, starting to feel a little overwhelmed and on the verge of a panic attack. "It's the year 2054. Now, shut up and get down." answered Nick quickly as he shoved Griffin and Harper down into the ground, causing them to fall into a ditch full of black gunk before they looked up again and saw Nick walk up the porch of The Tremont, which looked practically unrecognizable. Gone was the fountain and circle driveway. The paint was horribly torn and a few windows were broken. "Nick, there you are!!! Where the hell have you been?!" asked Future Griffin angrily as he stood on the porch, holding a gas mask. "Is that supposed to be me?" asked Griffin worriedly as he continued to watch his future self yell at Nick. "Oh, sorry, Dad. I was.....out with friends." said Nick quickly as he looked back at the ditch where Griffin and Harper were laying, thankfully hidden by the tall, overgrown grass.

"I don't care about that!!! You were supposed to help me at the springs three hours ago!!! How else am I supposed to fix things if you're always off screwing around and not being where I need you to be?! I'm gonna go check on your mom. You better be back here when I come back or you're not gonna like what'll happen if you ain't home." said Future Griffin as he threw the gas mask onto the porch and then climbed into a dusty pickup truck and drove off. A few seconds later, Griffin and Harper stood back up and wiped the gunk off their clothes. "Okay, what the heck was that?! Why was Future Me yelling at you? You're my son. I'm supposed to love you with all my heart. Not yell at you like I'm a drill instructor in the military." said Griffin confused, trying to figure out why his future self would hate his son's guts. "And what was that part about "going to see your mom"? Where am I?" asked Harper worriedly as she looked up at The Tremont. "Well, that's the thing. Shortly after whatever it was that happened, you started to have visions on an almost-daily basis until you just, I don't know, snapped and had some sorta break from reality, similar to the one Grandma was gonna have because of Judge Walker's ghost making her go crazy. And now, Dad's been nothing but angry all the time and forces me to help him look for a new crystal in the springs." answered Nick sadly.