Time's Up (S4 Finale)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Okay, so I know that I should've published this a long time ago, but my mom having a stroke and ending up in the hospital for two weeks, me finding out that I actually wasn't friends with the Madeleine McGraw, and my grandma passing away shortly afterwards kinda got in the way of me making writing a main priority.

But, lo and behold, I've returned at last to finish my SOSS s4 one-shots after my life has finally returned to normal.

However, make sure that you grab your tissues folks. Not only is this gonna be full of angst, but there may or may not be a character death in this.

Don't say I didn't warn you. 

Word count: 11848 words. I feel like I actually cooked a whole five-course meal for you guys. lol. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 As Harper ascended the bunker steps to the year 2049 with Topher and Zoey, she honestly couldn't believe that her and Griffin's future son, Nick, just straight up faded out of existence. Just like Griffin, she wasn't expecting to get so attached to her son, but that's exactly what happened. He was a good kid, and she already loved him with all of her heart.

And based on the little clues that Nick gave them, Harper guessed that whatever happened in 2049 must've been pretty serious if it meant that he was going to be erased from existence.

"So, what are we gonna do once we get to 2049?" asked Topher as he opened the hatch and hooked the chain before going up the steps.

"I don't have a clue, but our best bet would be to start at The Tremont, and----- Ahhh!!!" Harper screamed when she went through the hatch.

Zoey and Topher looked at each other. "Harper?!" they cried and quickly started to run up the steps towards the hatch, only to be met with a painful burning sensation when they went through.

"Although we haven't been time traveling for as long as you and Griffin have, I do know that the hatch shouldn't do that," Zoey said as she rubbed at her side and groaned.

"I feel like my ribs and spine are on fire. And that's not an exaggeration," Topher cried as he winced in pain.

"I know," Harper replied, her voice laced with urgency. "This is much worse than we thought. I just hope that Griffin, Wyatt, and Savannah are having better luck in 1962," she said as she stood back up and looked at their surroundings, feeling a chill go down her spine when she saw that although there were no clouds in the dark nighttime sky, all of the trees were cold and damp and covered in swamp moss.

"Hey, Harper, question: When you and Savannah went to 2024 to retrieve Griffin and Sam, did the hatch look like it had been set on fire and burned to a crisp?" Topher asked as he brushed some moss off of his shoes.

Harper shook her head. "No, Topher. Why?"

"Because that's exactly what it looks like now," he replied grimly, and Zoey and Harper walked over to him and saw that he was speaking the truth.

The hatch had been burned to a crisp and there were char marks caked all over it, and the wheel to open it from the outside had been partially melted.

"Well, that's grim," Zoey said after they had stood there in a shocked silence for a few minutes.

"Yep," Topher said dryly.

Harper cleared her throat and started to walk away. "We don't have a lot of time. We better find out what happened here so that way we can prevent it from ever happening in the present so that way Nick can exist," she declared resolutely, her voice firm.