Tall Stack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is just a short, little one-shot set after Judge Walker's defeat but before Griffin and Harper head to 2024 to make sure the future's alright. MAJOR spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't already seen the finale on Disney+. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It had been a crazy night, to say the least. First, Sarah falls unconscious because of the shadow, then the shadow reveals itself to be Judge Walker, who was targeting Sarah because she was the great-granddaughter of his ex-wife Winnie, who murdered him back in 1947, and then Griffin, Harper and everybody else were able to defeat him using the power of love(don't you dare start singing the song, Back To The Future fans)but now everything was finally starting to calm down at The Tremont. It had been almost five hours since Sam departed for the heavens to be with Daisy and Grace, Savannah had returned to 1962 and Ben and Jess returned from the hospital and currently, everybody was in Griffin's room, trying to catch a breather and fully wrap their heads around what they'd done just a few hours earlier. "You know, when you think about it, that Judge guy is almost technically your guys' ex-great-grandfather." said Topher insistently as he pointed a finger at Griffin, Wyatt and Zoey. "Topher, that's ridiculous. But, even if that was the case, none of us were really in the mood for a family reunion. Especially after learning that Griffin was in danger of going six feet under." said Wyatt worriedly, continuing to glance back at Griffin to make sure he was still there and wasn't in any danger. Even if he and Zoey didn't say it all that much, Wyatt was super freaked out after seeing Griffin's tombstone in 2024. He loved his older brother(even if he was a real pain in the ass from time to time)like crazy and didn't want to lose him anytime soon. "Ditto. Besides, I don't know about you guys, but that red, glowing stuff that he was sucked into looked exactly the gateway to the Upside Down from Stranger Things season 2, wouldn't you say so?" asked Zoe curiously, hoping she hadn't imagined that glowing red stuff that appeared in the floor and sucked away Judge Walker. "Nope. I saw it too, and lemme tell ya, it was really freaky." answered Griffin reassuredly, his voice cracking mid-sentence. "Okay, Griff. You gonna tell us what that's all about?" asked Topher, continuing to point his finger at Griffin. "What what's all about? You've lost me, Toph." said Griffin, confused, as his voiced cracked again. "That. Why you're suddenly so much taller than a normal 13-year-old should be and why your voice sounds almost as deep as a humpback whale." said Topher, looking at Griffin like he'd grown a second head. "Oh, that. Well, shortly after I first arrived in 2024 and Sam stopped me from rushing into the burning Tremont, I felt everything around get me a little bit taller and I noticed my voice kept going deeper and deeper until suddenly, it just, I dunno, stopped where it's at now. And, at first, I was a little freaked out by it and it really didn't help my rushing emotions at the time, but Sam was quickly able to calm me down and explained that because I came from the past, and I already existed in 2024, the timeline was just shifting on me so I wouldn't be erased from existence by aging me up to 17, which is how old I was, or will be, in 2024. Now, look, before you freak out, I'm still 13 years old, I just now look and sound exactly like my 17-year-old counterpart from the future. And how Mom and Dad haven't noticed this yet is way beyond me." answered Griffin simply, like that made everything easier. However, everyone else had mixed reactions to this explanation. Harper looked at him like that answered a lot, Wyatt looked like he was about to pass out, Zoey's eyes were practically bulging out of her skull and Topher just stood there with a blank expression on his face, not really sure how to comprehend what he was just told. While the vast majority of movies he'd seen had taught him a whole buncha different rules about time travel, being aged up so you looked exactly like your future self was not in any of the movies he'd seen. "Well, aren't you guys gonna say anything?" asked Griffin expectantly. "I'm sorry, you mean to tell us that the timeline had adjusted itself so that way you wouldn't pull a Marty McFly and be erased from existence?!" asked Topher in pure disbelief, Griffin's words now fully registering in his mind. "Yeah. I mean, that's pretty much what happened." said Griffin nonchalantly. "Okay, I admit, Wyatt and I might like to pull a little practical joke on you here and there, but even that sounds way outta the realm of possibility. And we've time traveled, for crying out loud!!!!" exclaimed Zoey a bit louder than she should have. "Shhh!!! Zoey, keep it down. Dad and Jess are asleep just across the hall, in case you forgot." reprimanded Griffin sternly before he turned to face Harper, who still had yet to say anything. "Uh, Harper? You gonna say anything or are you just gonna continue to stand there like a statue?" asked Griffin worriedly. "Honestly, I kinda like your little glow-up. And, frankly, I'm not all that freaked out by it. I mean, once you spend a week-and-a-half pretending to be your great-grandmother in 1930 and then come back to the present to take on an evil shadow by having to go back to 1947, a little glow-up is the least of my worries." said Harper simply, flashing a cute smile at Griffin, who started blushing like crazy before willing his face to go back to its normal shade. Just then, Wyatt let out a large yawn. "Okay, you know what, you guys? It's been a long night and I think we should probably hit the hay soon." said Harper, opening up Griffin's bedroom door. "Not quite." said Griffin suddenly, an idea coming to him. "Harper, what do you say to a little field trip? You know, to go check out the future really quick and make sure it doesn't suck." said Griffin, smirking mischievously. "That doesn't sound half bad. Topher, think you can cover for us in case Mom or Mr. Campbell wake up while we're gone?" asked Harper, determinedly. "Of course I can. You know me, Harp. I'm like a steel trap when it comes to keeping secrets." said Topher, a bit too cockily for everyone else's liking. Regardless, Harper smiled at her brother. "Great. Thanks, Toph. Come on, Griffin. The future awaits." said Harper excitedly, quickly grabbing Griffin by the hand and halfway dragging him down to the bunker before she let go of his hand so  he could set the date on the radio and they set off for 2024 to make sure that the future was fixed and everything was gonna be okay. 

And we all know what happened next. ;) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Alright, so I'll admit that this is one of my more shorter one-shots(just clocking in at 1290 words, believe it or not), but that's all this was supposed to be:Just a short little story that kinda helps wrap up SOSS s3 a bit more and gives everyone a little extra closure. And, before y'all start bashing my head in for how "scientifically accurate" Griffin's explanation for his sudden growth spurt and voice change was, you gotta remember that time travel has yet to be proven by the scientific community, for one thing. Regardless, hope you guys enjoyed. Love you 3000!!! <3<3<3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------