Time Is Of The Essence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So, since y'all wouldn't shut the hell up about it, here's Part 2 to my SOSS s4 escalator pitch "Time And Time Again". Hope you enjoy!!! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As Griffin climbed out of the hatch, he winced in pain upon feeling the jolt, which felt more energized than before, but just shrugged it off as he ran for The Tremont in 1962, where he collided with another boy on the veranda who had some towels in his arm. "Oh, sorry about that. I guess I just didn't see where I was going." said Griffin as he helped the boy pick up the towels that had fallen onto the porch. "Don't mention it. What's your name, stranger?" asked the boy curiously as he and Griffin stood back up. "Oh, uh, Griffin. Griffin Campbell. And you?" "My name's Jordan Barker. Pleasure to meet you, Griffin." said Jordan cheerfully as he stuck out his hand for Griffin to shake, completely oblivious to how much his eyes were nearly bulging out of his skull.

"Wait a minute. If this guy's name is Jordan Barker, then that means this guy is Savannah's future husband. HOLY CRAP!!!!! But you know what? It's totally fine. I mean, you've dealt with even more mind-blowing things in the past(literally)so this should be nothing new. Just play it cool, Griffin. Play it cool." "Uh, Griffin. You okay? You're sweating quite an awful lot." said Jordan worriedly. "Huh? Oh yeah. I'm fine. I just sweat really easily is all. Say, have you seen a blonde girl named Savannah around? I kinda need to talk to her about something really important." said Griffin, looking around the veranda. "Oh yeah. I saw her run this way after we saw that large pile of blue rocks sitting on the edge of the springs. Don't know why, though." said Jordan, shrugging his shoulders absentmindedly. "Anyways, it was nice talking to you, Griffin. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back inside. Last night's storm caused a few pipes to burst and now, there's water all over the place and Miss Caroline is gonna wig out if it doesn't get cleaned up. See you around, Griffin. Who knows? Maybe we'll run into each other sometime again in the future." said Jordan happily as he opened the door and went into the hotel. "Don't I know it." said Griffin, dumbstruck. "Now, to find Savannah." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Meanwhile, back in 2020, Wyatt and Zoey were in the middle of getting ready for bed and still trying to wrap their heads around the craziness of the last couple of days. "I still can't believe just how much the future was gonna suck. I mean, I don't even wanna imagine what happened to us after Griffin nearly......" said Wyatt, not having the strength to finish his sentence. "Died. I know. But, hey. Griffin and Harper went to go check out 2024 last night and they said we all turn out just fine. I still don't know why it took them so long, though." said Zoey curiously as she finished brushing her teeth. "I know they said that future had been fixed, but I'm still a little worried. Maybe a quick trip to the future just to see it for ourselves wouldn't hurt." suggested Wyatt, letting out a yawn. "Eh. Why not? I'm pretty sure I heard something about Future Griffin and Harper kissing at the football stadium, and that is something I just gotta see for myself." said Zoey eagerly.

"Well, what're we doing here then? The future awaits!" exclaimed Wyatt happily as he turned on his heel and started to run for the stairs. "Um, Wyatt? Aren't you forgetting something?" asked Zoey expectantly. "I don't think so. I helped Topher sweep the veranda, got all of my homework done and refilled the shampoo bottles in 108. What am I missing?" asked Wyatt, scratching his head. "We need to change our clothes, dummy!!! You really think it would be a good idea to just show up in 2024 in our pajamas?!" asked Zoey incredulously. Wyatt shrugged his shoulders. "I guess not." "Good answer. Now, let's get changed and then we can go." said Zoey as she turned on her heel and walked back to her room. "Ugh, you're starting to sound just like Mom." groaned Wyatt in exasperation. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Meanwhile, back in 1962, Savannah was down in the bunker and about to leave for 2020 when she heard the door open and hid behind the door to the hatch, worried someone had followed her. "It's okay, Savannah. It's just me." reassured a familiar voice, making her smile. "Griffin?! What are you doing here? I was just about to come to 2020 and see you and Harper. I found something big." said Savannah as she pulled Griffin in for a hug and then closed the dials. "Yeah, I know. I ran into your boyfriend Jordan on the veranda shortly after I got here." said Griffin, chuckling. "Woah!!! Jordan is not my boyfriend. I literally just met him, like, three weeks ago." said Savannah, slightly blushing. "Mmm-hmm. Anyways, he said you guys had found a giant pile of "blue rocks" out by the springs." said Griffin confused. "Yeah, we did. And it was really freaky. If you want, I can show you where we found them." offered Savannah, heading for the bunker door. "Go right ahead. However, we gotta be quick. Harper doesn't know I came back here, and if she does, it's not gonna be pretty." said Griffin worriedly. "Well, then we better get going. We wouldn't want your Seahorse to leave you to float all by yourself in the sea, now would we? And before you guys could even have your first kiss?" asked Savannah teasingly.

"Seahorse?" asked Griffin, confused. "Oh, it's nothing. Let's just get down to the springs." said Savannah, trying to wave off Griffin. "Savannah, will you just tell me what "Seahorse" means? I'd just feel a lot better if you did." said Griffin, stopping Savannah on the basement steps. "Fine!!! But you have to promise me you won't tell Harper. She'd probably hate my guts." Griffin raised his hand in the air to reassure Savannah. "Scout's honor. Now, just tell me what it means." Savannah looked around the basement for a few seconds before she sighed in defeat. "Okay, so, basically what it means is that you and Harper are destined for each other because once seahorses find each other, they stay together for life." admitted Savannah nervously, waiting for any type of reaction from Griffin. "Oh, that's it? Savannah, it's really not that big a deal. Now, come on. Let's get to the springs hopefully before Harper can murder me." said Griffin, chuckling. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Soon, Griffin and Savannah were at the springs and, sure enough, there were dozens of crystals just sitting on the edge of the springs. But, something was a little off about the crystals. Instead of glowing bright blue like the one in the radio, these crystals seemed to all be dark gray and there was a horrible smell coming from them. "And you said they just showed up when you and Jordan came down here?" asked Griffin, curiously as he picked up a crystal and sniffed it, then immediately dropped it and plugged his nose. "Yes. But this doesn't make any sense. When we first came down here, they were all blue, not gray like they are now." said Savannah, confused. "I'm just as confused as you are, Savannah. But if you ask me, I think the best thing to do would be to---" said Griffin before he was cut off by a rustling sound.

 "You just couldn't resist, could you?" asked a familiar voice, a mix of frustration and disappointment laced in her voice. "Now, Harper, I can explain." said Griffin, quickly as he watched her walk up next to them and then sniff the air. "Ugh! What's that smell? It smells just like the springs did in 2054." said Harper in disgust, fanning the air and plugging her nose like Griffin did. "Wait, what were you guys doing in 2054?" asked Savannah curiously. "Don't tell me the future gets screwed up again." Harper just stammered nervously. "Well, you see, it--it's just....th-that....." Griffin just sighed in defeat and decided right then and there it'd just be better to tell Savannah the truth rather than make up some silly story and lie to her. "Look, Savannah. There's no easy way to say this, but we kinda.....sorta.....maybe have a son named Nick in the future. And last night, he came back to 2020 and told us that, somehow, the springs got all screwed up in the future. So, we decided to do the right thing and help him out by figuring out what happened to the springs in the present before we'd destroy the radio." said Griffin quickly, letting out a large breath when he finished telling his story. "Uh, Savannah? You okay?" asked Harper worriedly, watching Savannah's eyes practically bulge out of her skull before she let out the biggest, loudest, fan-girliest scream Griffin and Harper had ever heard.

"SEAHORSES!!!!!!!!" --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And that's a wrap on s4, ep2: "Time Is Of The Essence". Hope you guys enjoyed. And don't worry, Wyatt, Zoey and Topher will play a much bigger part in this story. We just haven't gotten there quite yet. Anyways, you know the drill:Lemme know what you guys thought and I'll see you on the flipside. Ciao 4 now, my besties. Love you forever!!!!! <3<3<3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------