Whiskey Glasses

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To say Griffin Campbell had been absolutely screwed over today would have to be the understatement of the century. First, when he arrived to work as a high-school music teacher about ten minutes late because of traffic, he saw that most of his students hadn't bothered to do their homework over the weekend, which really frustrated him. Then, during his lunch break, he saw his truck getting towed because he had inadvertently parked in a handicapped space in his hurry to get to school on time, and had to pay a very hefty fee because of stupid inflation at the towing company's main office. And finally, about three hours ago, his fiance, Madison, broke things off with him out of the blue, leaving him heartbroken, lonely, and with an almost-empty wallet.

So, to help drown his sorrows away, he went to the bar in downtown Sulphur Springs with some of his buddies, Tristan, Ricky, and Matthew and was currently onto his fifth glass of whiskey, and angrily venting to the bartender on duty that night.

"----And I really don't understand why she would break things off so unexpectedly!!! I mean, I thought things were going pretty damn well between us, and just when today couldn't have been any worse between me being late to work and my truck getting towed, she dropped that kinda bombshell on me with no prior warning or heads-up of any kind!!! I mean, what kind of girl does that?!?!" he yelled angrily as he looked down at the bottom of his glass, and saw that it was already empty again.

"Great. You know what? I think you should just start a tab. My day has been just absolute shit, and I'm gonna need all the whiskey I can get to help the pain go away," he said as music began to play on the bar's loudspeakers.

"Pour me, pour me another drink

'Cause I don't wanna feel a thing

No more, hell nah

I just wanna sip 'til the pain wears off

Pour me, pour me another round

Line 'em up and knock 'em down

Two more, let's go

'Cause I ain't never hurt like this before "

As Griffin continued to sing mournfully in a deep, rough voice with an almost Southern touch to it, he took a big sip of his whiskey before he stood up, walked over to a nearby trash can and threw his diamond ring into it and took another sip of whiskey as Matthew got his phone out and started to record him singing.

"Don't wanna think about her

Or wear a ring without her

Don't wanna hit the karaoke bar

Can't sing without her

So make them drinks strong

'Cause brother, she's gone

And if I'm ever gonna move on "

"I'ma need some whiskey glasses

'Cause I don't wanna see the truth

She's probably making out on the couch right now

With someone new

Yeah, I'ma need some whiskey glasses