Homecoming Night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Requested by @MadisonGrace18

Hope you enjoy!!!! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Griffin and Harper couldn't believe it. They had just been crowned Homecoming King and Queen, and yet, at the same time, they could believe it because they had seen it happen when their past selves came here from 2020 to make sure that the future was okay. And it turned out to be more than okay. It was awesome, to say the least.

"I still can't believe it." said Griffin quietly as he and Harper stood on the football field and looked up at the spot in the bleachers where they/their past selves had their first kiss. "What? The fact that we were crowned Homecoming King and Queen, or that you and I shared our first kiss up there?" asked Harper teasingly as she took Griffin's hand in hers. "Both." answered Griffin contently as he pressed a small kiss to her cheek.

 It had taken a long time to get here, but it was all worth it in the end. After a few more minutes of standing in silence, they decided to head back inside the school and saw everyone just dancing around to the music or raiding the snack table or talking to their crushes and just having a good time in general. After the song that was currently playing on the speakers finished, a small smile crept up onto Griffin's face.

"Hey, Harper, what do you say that we get this party really going?" he asked mischievously and whispered something in her ear, to which she quickly agreed to. "I'd love that, Griffin." And with that, they quickly walked up to the DJ booth and requested a song before they each grabbed a microphone and climbed up on stage to address the crowd.

 "Hello, hello. Can anyone hear me?" asked Griffin into the microphone, which caused a little static to go off. "We just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who helped us get to where we are today." he said into the microphone, looking out at everyone in the crowd as Harper stepped forward to speak. "Griffin and I never could've guessed that we would be crowned Homecoming King and Queen tonight. I just feel so honored and blessed to have won and I couldn't have asked for anything better to happen tonight." she said contently, smiling at Griffin, who spoke again.

"What she said. Now, we hope you guys all have an amazing Homecoming tonight. This is our night, guys. Have fun. Live in the moment. And most importantly, make sure you just shut up and dance." he said before he nodded to the DJ, who quickly began to play another song. "Thank you and good night, Sulphur Springs High School!!!! Go Harbingers!!!" shouted Griffin and Harper excitedly as they jumped off the stage before they started dancing wildly without a care in the world.

"Oh, don't you dare look back

Just keep your eyes on me

I said you're holding back

She said Shut Up and Dance with me

This woman is my destiny

She said oh oh oh

Shut Up and Dance with me "

"We were victims of the night

The chemical, physical, kryptonite

Helpless to the bass and the fading light

Oh, we were bound to get together

Bound to get together "