Don't Touch Me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Okay, I know what this one-shot is titled, but I promise you that nothing bad happens in this one-shot. Trust me. (AU) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Griffin sighed in mild frustration. He was sitting at the desk in his room trying to do his math homework for the weekend, but a certain thought kept nagging at his brain. Topher and Zoey were out on a date, Ben and Sarah were busy running the hotel while Jess cooked delicious food in the kitchen, Wyatt was off doing God-knows-what with Savannah and Harper was helping teach a weekend art class at the community center in downtown Sulphur Springs, so he was left to his own devices. But Harper was actually the thing kept him from focusing on his homework.

Griffin and Harper were obviously very happy since they started dating last summer, but there was one little problem: Harper didn't like to be touched. Perhaps that was a bit untrue, but that's what it seemed like to Griffin. True, the locker ninja loved hanging out with Griffin as much as she loved making art, and that's really saying something when you put it in perspective, but this was different. For some reason, whenever she and Griffin were kissing, and his hands would roam for something a bit more physical, she would flinch and shy away from him.

And it was driving him crazy that he couldn't find out why she didn't like to be touched. It wasn't like she didn't like cuddling with him; quite the opposite, actually. But whenever it happened, he could see the desire in her eyes, and yet she still backed away. What was wrong? Did he accidentally overstep some secret boundary at some point? Was she upset or worried about something? Or was he just moving their relationship a bit too fast? He couldn't answer any of these questions, and it was driving him crazy beyond belief. Sighing deeply, he picked up his book, set it back down on his desk and then started to pace nervously around his room. "What should I do?" he thought sullenly before he got an idea. Topher would know!!! Even if he could be a little stupid at times, he still knew a lot about Harper and should be able to shed some light on the issue, since he is her brother after all.

After letting his parents know where he'd be, Griffin quickly got on his bike and went over to the Dunn's house, where he found Topher and Zoey angrily yelling at a show on the TV in the living room. "Oh, come on, Klaus. You and Isadora deserve each other and you know it, damn it!!!" shouted Topher angrily. "She said she loved you and kissed you in the library and she and Duncan willingly disguised themselves as you and Violet and ran laps for you so you guys could stay in Prufrock. She treats you right. What the hell did Fiona ever do for you?!" asked Zoey, clearly frustrated and upset as her boyfriend was.

 Griffin stared at them in confusion and mild horror and cleared his throat to get their attention. "Uh, are you guys okay?" he asked worriedly. "We will be once Klaus Baudelaire and Isadora Quagmire get married and have the most beautiful babies you've ever seen." said Topher, scowling at the TV a little bit. Griffin just silently nodded his head. "Uh-huh, sure. Anyways, if you two are done screaming like wild banshees, I need to borrow Topher for a minute."

Topher shared a nervous glance with Zoey before he turned off the TV and watched as Griffin sat down in an ottoman across from the couch. "What's up?" he asked curiously. Griffin sighed awkwardly as he tried to figure out the best way to explain his predicament. "Well.....it's about Harper." he said nervously, earning a sarcastic chuckle from Zoey. "You're not planning to propose to her already, are you?" asked Topher worriedly, his face going pale. "What? No!!! We're only 13, for one. And I just have this little problem with her that I'm hoping you can fix since you're her brother and I'm too scared to ask your mom for help." he admitted sheepishly, rubbing his neck.

 "Did you guys have a fight or something?" asked Topher, concern laced in his voice. "No, but I guess I must've upset her somehow. Uh, how do I word this without it sounding awkward? She.....uh.......doesn't like to be touched." he said nervously, covering his face to avoid getting clocked by Topher, only to hear him laughing like crazy. "Topher, why are you laughing?! This is serious!!!" scolded Zoey, wondering how her boyfriend could laugh at a time like this.  After catching his breath, Topher just sighed. "Don't worry, Griffin. I'll tell you exactly what the problem is." he said mischievously, rubbing his hands together. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Later that afternoon, Griffin was up in his room and waiting for Harper to get back to The Tremont so he could put his plan in motion, now that he had the proper information and wanted to talk to Harper about her problem. Sure, he could've just asked her instead or found out about it on his own, but asking Topher gave him the answer he was looking for anyways. But he still wanted to hear it from her as well. Suddenly, he heard his door open and saw Harper walk in flashing him the smile that he loved so much. "Hey Griffin. Sorry I was gone so long. Some of the kids got paint on my clothes, so I had to stop back at home and change." Griffin just shook his head and patted to the empty spot on his bed. "That's fine. Come over here and sit with me." he said calmly.

Harper chuckled lightly and joined him. He then kissed her, and her hands immediately went to his hair and his hands went down to her waist. After a few seconds of loving kissing, he moved his hand up her body a little, and as expected, she made a muffled noise and quickly jumped away from him. He then reached out and gently squeezed her hand to comfort her. "Harper, why do you keep doing that?" he asked worriedly, looking at her with concern. "Is it something I did?" Harper just shook her head "no" and sighed. "No, of course not. I'm just super ticklish is all." she said, looking away from him.

Griffin just looked absolutely gobsmacked and mentally face-palmed himself for not considering that possibility much earlier in their relationship. "Very ticklish, huh?" he asked as a small smirk creeped up on his face. Harper's eyes went wide in realization as she quickly got off the bed and raised her hands in the air like a protective barrier. "Griffin, don't you dare!!!" He simply stood up himself and started to walk towards her, still smirking with a small mischievous gleam in his eyes. From her position on the other side of the room, she quickly grabbed Griffin's pillow off his bed and held in front of her like a shield as she slowly backed away as he continued towards her. Unfortunately, she didn't know that she had walked right into a wall. Griffin stepped in front of her, effectively blocking her only escape route. She let out a small squeak of terror, preparing herself for the inevitable, but much to her surprise, Griffin just kissed her passionately instead.

She melted into the kiss and dropped the pillow so she could wrap her arms around his neck. He kept their lips firmly locked together as he swiftly picked her up and laid her down on his bed, positioning himself on top of her. Once he pulled away from the kiss, his lips went to her ear. "In case you're wondering, Topher told me. I just wanted you to tell me yourself." he whispered softly, pressing a gentle kiss to her cheek. "Wait, wha--" Harper didn't get the chance to finish her sentence since Griffin started tickling her, which caused her to erupt into a loud fit of giggles. He continued to playfully torture her until he decided she had enough and placed another kiss to her cheek before he got up off her and laid back down on his bed. After she had caught her breath, Harper sat back up. "I'm gonna kill Topher."

Griffin just shrugged absentmindedly. "Eh, I'm sure I would've found out on my own eventually." Just then, they both heard the front door open and a mischievous smirk appeared on Harper's face. "I'll be right back. Maybe I won't need to kill him after all. Hey, Zoey, you feel like wanting some leverage over Topher?" she asked mischievously. "Absolutely!!! What is it?" she asked eagerly. The last thing Griffin heard before he went back to doing his homework was Topher running up the stairs in fear of his girlfriend.

"Zoey, no!!! Stay back!!! Stay back!!!!" --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hope you guys enjoyed this one!!! This was just something fun I wanted to do since it's been a while since I've written a one-shot that was full of adorable fluff, so I hope this wasn't too bad. Also, since I'm getting braces next week, this is gonna be my last one-shot for a hot minute. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from.  Anyways, Ciao 4 now, besties!!!! I love y'all so stinkin' much!!!!! <3<3<3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------