Austin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "She left without leavin' a number

Said she needed to clear her mind "

"Harper, please don't go!!!" Griffin pleaded as he watched her pack all of her clothes up. They both had tears streaming down their faces after a long night of arguing and regretted words. "I hate you" and "I never want to see you again" were thrown out more than a few times. 

Neither one could take anything back. He knew that they'd both realized how horrible all of this had gotten. There was no way he could lose her, not after the years and years they had spent fighting for one another.

She zipped her suitcase shut and turned to look at him and shook her head. "Griffin, it's too late for that." she said quietly before she wiped away a few fresh tears that had fallen down her face. "We love each other, and we know that, but that's not always enough." she said as she picked up her bags and sighed. "So, we can work on that, Harper. We have more than that. I know we do." he pleaded again as he watched her walk down the apartment hallway before she stopped at the door. "What do I have to do for you to stay?"

She just sighed again, opened up the door and shook her head. "I need to clear my mind, Griffin." she muttered quietly before she looked back up at him one last time. "Bye, Guitar God." And that was the last thing she had said to him before he watched her leave their apartment that rainy night. He didn't even remember what their fight was about. All he knew was that it was stupid.

"He'd figured she's gone back to Austin

'Cause she talked about it all the time "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Griffin, she'll come back. I know it." said Sarah comfortingly as she sat down at his kitchen table. Griffin nodded with a small smile on his face as he took a sip of coffee. "Well, what am I supposed to do, Mom? I can't live without her, everyone knows that. I know that, you know that. Even Wyatt knows that!!!" he exclaimed incredulously.

"Does she though?" asked Ben simply as he joined them at the table and poured himself his own cup of coffee. Griffin started to speak and then stopped himself to think about what his father had just asked him. Had he truly shown how much Harper meant to him and how much he appreciated everything she did for him, from the cooking to the laundry? He thought he had showed her, but was it not enough?

"Where do you think she is now?" asked Ben curiously after a few minutes of silence.

Griffin shrugged. "Probably Austin. That's where Zoey and Topher are now, so it'd make sense she go somewhere her family was. Also, the last time Zoey and I talked, she told me she had recently started teaching equestrian lessons at a "Cowboy Camp" of sorts down there too, so...." he said absentmindedly as he shrugged before he took another sip of coffee. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"It was almost a year before she called him up

Three rings and an answering machine is what she got "

Harper sighed as she rolled over once more in her small, twin-sized bed in the guest bedroom in Topher and Zoey's house. It had been exactly 11 months and 9 days since that day she left Griffin alone in their apartment. Not that she was counting or anything. Although she had been staying with Topher and Zoey since then, she had been looking for her own apartment nearby.

She wiped away the few tears from her red, puffy eyes as she lay in the silence of her bedroom. She had missed Griffin horribly and had thought about calling him often, along with some pushing from her mom, Topher and Zoey. She knew in her heart that they were right when they said that leaving him was the biggest mistake of her life.