Loss

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TW: Miscarriage.

Get your tissues out, folks.

(Jordannah AU) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Savannah sat on the table in the doctor's office as tears streamed down her face. The doctor was standing in front of her and speaking to her and Jordan, but she couldn't hear a word that she was saying. Jordan was seated next to her, and rubbing her thigh with his hand, doing his best to comfort her.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. It wasn't supposed to end like this. It was supposed to be the beginning of their lives, but instead, it felt like their lives were crashing down upon them like a fleet of nuclear missiles.

The back of her hand wiped away the tears on her cheeks. Jordan had faintly said something to the doctor, but she didn't hear a single word, as she instead reminiscing on how wonderful the past few months had been. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- She silently prayed as she sat on the floor of their bathroom, her back against the shower as she held the test in her hands.

"Please, God, whatever it says, let me be happy about it. Please."

Finally, the timer on her phone went off, and she opened up her palm to look down at the stick, and felt tears prick at her eyes. "Thank you, thank you," she said out loud as she stood back up and put the test in her back pocket.

When Jordan came home from work, he stared at his wife suspiciously as she stood in the middle of the living room with tears in her eyes. "Is everything okay, babe?"

She smiled widely as she pulled the test out of her pocket and handed it to him. "Yes. Everything is just fine."

His tote bag and water bottle fell to the floor as he stared at the test with wide eyes. "No fucking way. Savannah, are you serious?"

She nodded as more tears fell down her face, and he pulled her into a tight hug as he kissed her passionately several times before he pulled away to cup her face in his hands. "We're gonna have a baby."

"Yes, Jordan. We're gonna have a baby," she repeated joyfully. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- She groaned in pain as the doctor gave her the medication in the form of a shot. She's leaned over on her side, tears violently pooling out of her eyes and dripping down her face, as Jordan knelt down and held her ankle tightly to comfort her, crying his own tears as well. 

"Okay, all done," said the doctor calmly as she removed the needle fro Savannah's arm and stepped away from the table. 

Savannah stays still, not knowing what to do next as Jordan rubbed her leg a little bit more before he turned to face the doctor. "So, what do we do now? What are we supposed to expect?" 

The doctor sighed as she took a seat on a stool that was across from the table. "Well, the process should start fairly soon. You'll bleed heavily for the next few days, and you should expect some really heavy cramps. You'll start to pass the remains within a couple days, and then it'll all be over." 

Jordan nodded as he looked over at Savannah, who was still laying completely still on the table. She was just in shock about everything. 

The doctor stayed quiet before she spoke again. "I'm terribly sorry this happened, Savannah. I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now."