Weddings Are Overrated, Right?(Part 2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So for those of you who missed her announcement on the 10th, @yourfavsosslunatic and I are doing a collab together. And since she wrote Part 1, this is Part 2 of said collab. And in case you didn't read Part 1, this one-shot basically picks up a few weeks after the ending of Part 1 when Wyatt and Savannah flew down to Vegas and eloped. Anyways, Happy Reading!!! <3 (Slight AU) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It was yet again another gloomy Saturday afternoon. Fall was slowly starting to turn to Winter, which meant that all the nice Summer weather was now becoming very dark, gray and punishing, and anyone who wanted to go outside quickly became a victim of harsh winds and light rain on their face. And, honestly, ever since Halloween came to an end, all of New Orleans looked like something straight out of a 1930s horror film.

So, looking out her living room window, 34-year-old(and almost six months pregnant)Zoey Dunn let out another sullen, sad sigh as she mindlessly rubbed her baby bump and scrolled through TikTok, not even caring to see the videos. Her thumb kept swiping up every three seconds, her ears and brain could only take so much of the same "trending" music she was quickly growing bored of. But, as usual, it was only a matter of time before new sounds and songs invaded her FYP. This time, it just seemed like it would take much longer than normal. She then almost let out the twentieth bored sigh in the span of five minutes, but it was quickly suppressed by an incoming text from Griffin. She squealed happily as she read the text: "Feel like coming down to see Nick? The little squirt really misses you." For those of you who didn't know, Nick is Griffin and Harper's almost one-year old son and the soon-to-be playmate and best friend of Zoey and Topher's twin children, who were the souvenir of their honeymoon down in Hawaii, Zoey finding out she was pregnant not even three weeks after they came back home to their quaint, little two-story house in New Orleans. "Of course I do!!! Omw." Smiling brightly as she got up and told Topher she was going down to Sulphur Springs for the day, Zoey had grabbed her car keys and put on her coat and was almost out the door when she received another text, this time from her soon-to-be sister-in-law, Savannah Dillon. "Wyatt and I are no longer engaged."

That simple text was enough to throw Zoey's entire world off its axis. She blinked a few times as she tried to process this new information that still didn't make any sense no matter how many times she re-read the text. And to make matters worse, there weren't any three dots promising her more info. Zoey typed the word "what?!" in six different ways, yet she never sent the text as she tried to figure out why Wyatt and Savannah would've broken off their engagement. She was so in shock, she didn't even hear Topher walk up behind her. "You good, babe?" asked Topher curiously, with a mixture of worry and confusion on his face as he watched Zoey grip her phone in her hands just a little bit too tightly. "Zozo?" The calling of her name was enough to snap Zoey out of it and looked up at Topher with wide eyes before she quickly sent Griffin another text: "Sorry Griffin, something came up. We'll need to reschedule.", hopped in her car and practically sped out of the driveway, much to Topher's confusion. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Zoey then spent the next thirty-five minutes searching for Savannah, but there was no sign of her. It's like she'd turned invisible since she was nowhere to be found. And none of her and Topher's friends from around town had seen her either. But in Zoey's defense, she really didn't have time to explain since she didn't have the full story. And if her and Wyatt's time as the hosts of a super-popular online ghost-hunting blog taught her anything, she knew much better than to tell a half-baked story.

However, the more time she spent burning daylight trying to find Savannah(who still refused to answer her phone)Zoey decided to skip a few steps ahead and instead track down one of the main concerning parties:her own twin brother Wyatt. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------