That Night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Loosely inspired by @MadisonGrace18's one-shot series "I Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?"

Major trigger warning for the heavy topic of sexual assault of a minor and the "R" word. If that makes you uncomfortable, then I won't stop you from finding something else that's less triggering to read. Your mental health is way more important than my crappy one-shots.

But if you're still here, please sit back, relax and enjoy this really twisted one-shot from yours truly. (AU) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------17-year-old Harper Dunn looked in the mirror as she applied her mascara. Her hair was curled softly, falling over her back, her makeup was neutral but pretty, her jeans fit nice and tightly, her dark pink crop-top falling down to her high waisted pants, and her converse laced up tightly.

The honk of a car horn snapped her out of her trance and looked down at her phone to see a text from her best friend, Savannah Dillon, letting her know that it was time to go. She grabbed her small purse and put her phone into her back pants pocket as she rushed down the stairs and grabbing one of Griffin's hoodies from her closet before she left.

Jess walked into the hall as Harper was almost out the door. "Where are you going, Harper?"

Harper fidgeted with her thumbs. "Savannah and I are going to this party Jordan invited us too at one of his friends' house. But I won't drink, get into anyone's car and I'll call you or Topher if I need a ride home."

Jess smiled and pulled her daughter in for a hug. "Alright. Have fun."

Harper smiled brightly before she bounded out the front door, running to her best friends' car. The two girls embraced one another in a quick hug as Savannah turned down the radio so they could talk.

"Harper, you look amazing!" Savannah said excitedly as she began to drive.

Harper rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah, sure. I don't look as good as you do, though."

Savannah chuckled. "Well, I'm sure that Griffin is gonna flip when he sees you tonight!"

"Oh, Griffin's actually not coming tonight. His grandpa came over for dinner, and Mr. Campbell actually closed The Tremont. So, I'm gonna be flying solo tonight." Harper said nonchalantly as she replied to a text on her phone.

Savannah chuckled again. "Ah, gotcha. But if you need anything, Jordan and I will be there with you." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The party was already in full swing by the time the two girls arrived. Harper felt a little awkward and out of place as she and Savannah walked into the house, music booming, the lights turned down, and teens all over the place. Some had drinks in their hands and others were dancing very suggestively in the living room.

Savannah said she was gonna go get a drink and find one of her friends when Jordan Barker, the captain of the Sulphur Springs High School Boys' Basketball team, approached Harper. "Harps, you made it!!!"

The girl could tell that he was already slightly drunk as he talked to her. He had a goofy grin on his face and his eyebrows wiggled as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Harper chuckled as she helped stand him up. "Take it easy there, buddy."

Jordan chuckled and hiccuped as he scanned the crowd and shrugged. "Where's your boy toy tonight?" he asked teasingly as he stuck his tongue out at her.

Harper rolled her eyes. "Griffin's at home. I just came to have some fun."

Jordan smiled brightly at her as his drink sloshed around in his cup. "Alright. I'll come find you in a bit. Gotta watch out for you since Griffin can't be your knight in shining armor tonight."