Lie Lie Lie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 17-year-old Griffin Campbell tightly gripped the steering wheel of his black Chevy pickup as he pulled over to the side of the road before he pulled his phone out of his pocket and tried to call his girlfriend, Alexia Boswell, again, only to have the ringing fill the truck once again for the sixth time that night as he hung up again and got back on the road.

Deep down, he knew why she wasn't answering. It's the same reason she's been so short with him lately, abruptly ending their Facetime calls, and seeming easily distracted whenever they've hung out together. It had been coming for a long time, but he didn't want to accept the reality of the situation.

The sun was already beginning to set, turning the Louisiana sky into a pretty mix of pinks and oranges. When they first started dating, they used to always drive and loudly sing songs as they would hold hands and press quick kisses to each other's cheeks. But now, his heart is pounding in his chest like an orchestral drum as he pulled up to the sidewalk next to her two-story house in downtown Sulphur Springs and looked up through his windshield to see that the only source of light coming from the house was a lamp in her bedroom.

Thankfully, her parents and younger siblings weren't home, so this visit was going to be nice and quick, assuming she didn't try to play the victim card.

Breathing deeply, Griffin put the truck in park and took the keys out of the ignition before he unbuckled the seat belt and started to give himself a mental pep talk to ready himself for the incoming heartbreak before he saw her front door open, and she walked out of the house with a brown-haired boy, who had the smallest hint of a blush on his face, as they got into a beat up dark blue Honda and sped down the street. Suddenly, Griffin can't breathe as tears filled his eyes and he violently pounded on the steering wheel.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!" he yelled angrily as more tears stream down his face before he pulled his phone out once more and dialed her number, going straight to voicemail.

"You've reached Alexia, leave me a message! "

He let out a shaky breath as a few more small tears rolled down his face. "I don't know why you won't pick up the phone. Oh wait, I actually do. It's 'cause you're with him. Don't even try to deny it. I saw you walk out of the house with him wrapped around your finger. I wish you would've just told me you didn't give two fucks about me. That would've made this whole thing a lot easier for me. Call me back or don't. I don't fucking care anymore!!!"

After hanging up the phone, he doesn't really know how long he sat in his truck, watching for any sign of the blue Honda through his windshield patiently. He's so pissed off, and needs to let her know that they are done personally.

Eventually, her Honda did pull back into the driveway, and he watched intently as she ran a hand through her blonde hair and listened to the message he left her on her phone before she gazed at him with an innocent smirk on her face.

After pounding on the steering wheel a few more times for good measure, Griffin got out of the truck and walked towards her with his arms folded across his chest. He passes her and walks up to her front steps and starts to let himself into her house before she hurriedly pushed him inside.

"Don't fucking touch me!" His voice is sharp as her hands fly off of him, making sure that he's fully inside the house before she shuts the door as he throws his keys down onto the kitchen counter and scowls at her.

Alexia leans against the counter as he circles the room, getting all of his thoughts in order, before he turns to look at her.

"I'm so fucking angry at you," he sneers at her.