Nightmare at Nationals

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Requested by @MadisonGrace18  (AU) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Savannah Dillon was nervous beyond belief. Actually, scratch that. She wasn't nervous. She was anxious. The year was 2025, and today was Nationals, and it was being held at the Mississippi Metropolitan Dance Academy, and as she watched the team before her perform their routine, she felt butterflies in her stomach. But not because she had to go out and dance in front of millions of people, no, no. She had been doing dance for almost three years now, so she was basically a pro at this point.

No, the reason she was anxious was because she had been given a chance to perform her own solo routine by Coach Lotus, which she had happily jumped at, but Sulphur Springs Dance Studio's rivals were also at Nationals, from the Milliet Academy of Dance in New Orleans, and she was going to be performing her solo against her ex-best friend turned dance rival, Marissa Baxter. I'm not even going to tell you why they became rivals, but let's just say that after Marissa and her family moved, there was some unnecessary girl drama that was caused, and leave it at that.

Anyways, she watched the team perform their routine with grand finesse, and felt her heart start to speed up and her breathing start to get fast and heavy when she heard someone calling her name, and she saw her boyfriend, 16-year-old Wyatt Campbell standing backstage.

"Hey, pook. It's okay. No matter what happens, we're all rooting for you. Me, Griffin, Harper, Topher, both of our parents, Jordan, and even Zoey," he said as he rubbed her shoulder to calm her nerves.

She sniffled lightly and turned to look at him. "Thanks, hon. However, I still wish I knew why she's been in such a weird mood lately. I mean, ever since Coach Lotus said I was chosen to perform a solo today, Zoey's been acting really strange," she said with a puzzled look on her face.

Wyatt shrugged. "Well, if you ask me, I think her period just started late, and the cramps aren't in any mood to leave her alone. Don't tell her I said that," he said hurriedly as he pulled her in for another hug.

Just then, they heard the announcer call Savannah's name, and she slowly pulled away from his warm embrace. "Okay, darling, now go out there and show 'em what you're made of! And remember, even if you don't bring home the gold, you're still a winner to me," he said quietly as he kissed her passionately before he walked off the stage to go rejoin his family, leaving her standing there with a blush on her face before she shook her head and walked out onto the stage, where the crowd practically roared as she took her position on the left side of the stage before Marissa walked out, and she sneered at her.

"Dillon," she said coldly.

"Baxter," she repeated with a forced nod of her head.

Just then, Coach Lotus nodded from his position in the wings and started her music, and Savannah breathed deeply before she began her routine.

(Pinball Wizard by Elton John is Savannah's song. What? I'm a sucker for the classics. Don't judge me.)

Once the music began, Savannah turned into an entirely different person. She moved so gracefully across the stage, she almost looked like an angel. She did a set of pirouettes and and leaps that got major cheers from the audience, and one loud wolf whistle from Wyatt, which made her blush even more.

She then did a few sachets and Grand Pas De Chats which turned into breathtaking illusions. She had beautiful points and incredible leg holds. Savannah was so flexible, it was almost scary.