Number One Problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So in case you couldn't tell by the screenshot, this one-shot is gonna be pure, adorable and somewhat awkward sibling fluff between Griffin and Zoey. Also, this one-shot is actually based on a true event that happened with me and my IRL sister, an event that I inadvertently pulled my bestie out westie @killiancaptainhook into. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy!!!! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You know how everyone has at least one thing that scares 'em more than anything else in the whole world? Well, that seemingly wasn't the case with Griffin Campbell(unless it came to horror movies, but that doesn't count). For whatever reason, he was just "unscarable", as he said. He wasn't claustrophobic. Any nightmare could easily be taken care of with a drink of water and a hug from his girlfriend, Harper. And he was no stranger to the dark. And whenever anyone asked him why was "unscarable", he just said all his time-travel adventures and dealing with two different ghosts haunting The Tremont hotel, where he lived, must've just made him invincible to scary stuff. And everyone just thought Griffin was being cocky. However, he actually did have one secret fear. He just didn't even know it but he was about to. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Late one Friday afternoon, Griffin and Zoey were waiting in their dad, Ben's, truck while he finished up grocery shopping with their brother, Wyatt. The radio was set to a country station, the A/C was running and all was well with the world. Except it wasn't. See, Griffin noticed that Zoey was being super moody lately and he was super worried about her but whenever he tried to talk about it, she would either slam her bedroom door in his face, ignore him or go all feral on him, screaming and yelling at him at a frequency only dogs should've been hearing. Which is why Griffin was making sure to put some distance between him and Zoey these days. However, today was the first day in about nine weeks where he and Zoey were in the same, general vicinity of each other and it made Griffin super uncomfortable. He didn't know what to do and he was also afraid to say something that would upset his sister more than she already was because since last Wednesday, she'd been a loose cannon, going from happy to mad at the flick of a switch and that only added on to Griffin's discomfort. However, Zoey seemed to sense this. "Don't worry, Griffin. I'm not mad at you." Hearing her say that greatly confused Griffin. "You're not?" "No. I've just been going through some stuff right now and I'm well aware that I've made you feel super uncomfortable around me lately." said Zoey, slowly. "Really?" "Yeah. Me, Dad and Mom had a little talk about my bad mood on Tuesday night. And I just wanted to say I'm sorry. And in case you want to know, I'll tell you why I've been such an asshole lately." said Zoey, looking at Griffin. "Alright. Shoot." said Griffin nonchalantly. " I started my period." said Zoey simply. Upon hearing that, Griffin felt like the whole world was spinning on its axis. "Wait, what?!" asked Griffin slowly, starting to feel a little bit sick to his stomach. "Yeah. My period started." said Zoey, speaking a bit louder. However, Griffin didn't hear her. He was currently trying to steady himself and not throw up. Suddenly, Ben and Wyatt came back to the truck. "Hey, guys. Griffin, you okay? You're looking a little pale." said Wyatt as he climbed in the front passenger seat and then looked over his shoulder and pointed at Griffin's face. "Uh, yeah, Wyatt. I'm fine. It's just, did you know that Zoey had started her period?" asked Griffin, curiously. "Um, yeah. Didn't you?" asked Wyatt as he adjusted the butt warmers on his seat. "He literally just found out now." answered Zoey, now regretting telling Griffin she was in the middle of her journey to womanhood as she watched her brother's skin turn whiter and whiter. "What did Griffin just find out?" asked Ben as he got in the driver's seat and pulled out of the grocery store parking lot and began driving back to The Tremont. "Oh, just that Zoey started her period." said Wyatt with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. "You did?! Look, I know Mom and I told you you should probably tell Griffin, but I didn't mean today!!! You should've eased him into this more slowly." said Ben in a tone that Griffin wasn't sure if it was exasperation, pure shock or annoyance. Whatever the case, Griffin needed some answers, ASAP!!! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thirty-five minutes later, Griffin was still freaking out and doing his best to not throw up. See, after he got home, he went to go find his mom, Sarah, and after he asked her if she knew Zoey had started her period, she guiltily admitted that she did and then went on to give Griffin this big speech about how it's all normal for girls and "it's just a part of life" or whatever(He kinda zoned out after she mentioned the cramps, which only made Griffin want to puke even more). Now, Griffin was currently on his bed, scrolling through TikTok after TikTok, doing his best to calm himself down. Suddenly, his phone dinged with a text from his Harper, whose family was currently in New York, seeing The Lion King on Broadway, because her mom, Jess, had won three tickets to the show after correctly answering the trivia questions on the radio show she liked to listen to.