Summer Heat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Requested by @killiancaptainhook

Enjoy, Neens!!! (AU) 

Word count: 5959 words. I feel like I really cooked with this one, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It was a beautiful summer day in the year 2024 as Griffin Campbell and his girlfriend Harper Dunn walked down the trail from the Tremont to the springs to go swimming. It was the first day of summer and to celebrate, Ben, Sarah, and Jess had decided to throw a little party at the Tremont hotel. A lot of their friends had come down and after they spent the first two hours of the party helping their parents play host to all of the guests, they had finally been cut loose and were allowed to go cool off in the springs.

As they rounded a corner, they heard excited chatter coming from the springs, and suddenly, Harper's friends, Nina and Maddie, raced down the trail and jumped into the cool water and began splashing each other as Griffin and Harper finally reached the springs and set their beach towels down next to a picnic table and saw Zoey and Topher coming back from....somewhere with flushed cheeks, loose swimwear covering their bodies, and messy hair, and they just snickered as Zoey sat down on the ground and slowly slid into the springs while Topher walked over to the large, blue cooler and pulled out a bottle of cherry coke and sat down in a lawn chair.

Griffin snickered. "Why am I not surprised? It's the first week of summer, and instead of having a good time out here in the fresh air, they'd rather run off to some secret spot and suck face with each other," he said as he took off his blue swim shirt, exposing his perfectly tanned chest, and ran into the springs, yelling "Cannonball!!!", which made Harper chuckle lightly as she saw two more of her and Griffin's friends, Savannah Dillon and Jordan Barker, come down the trail and set down their beach bags before they quickly dove into the water and quickly engaged one another in a chicken fight with Griffin and Zoey before she walked over to the edge of the springs and allowed herself to let gravity take control and fall forward into the springs, crashing into the cool water that contrasted nicely against the hot summer sun that was beating against her and Griffin just a few mere moments ago.

As she continued to sink to the bottom of the water, she found herself relaxing as she looked down at the glistening collection of blue crystals and felt like she was under some sort of hypnosis as she touched down onto the sandy bottom of the springs and examined one of the many glowing crystals that made the otherwise grimy and muddy seafloor sparkle like a nightclub dance floor.

However, a distorted crash from above pulled Harper out of her thorough examination and back to where she was. Looking up, she saw Griffin beaming down at him as the water above slowly settled after he had fallen off of Savannah's shoulders and he swam down to meet her with his hand outstretched towards her. She rolled her eyes as she took his hand in hers and they swam back upwards to the surface, where they saw Topher lounging around in a large green pool ring and Zoey trying to force him out of it, with little to no success as they spotted a messy lump of bright red hair under the water and saw Wyatt swimming around in the water with a large, novelty shark fin strapped to his back.

"Remind me again why you decided to get Wyatt that shark fin for Christmas?" asked Harper as she ran a hand through her curly, black hair and spat out a small bit of salty water.

Griffin snorted. "Because I knew how much he could torture Zoey with it, that's why. Now, come on. We're gonna have another chicken fight. You in?" he asked with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Yeah, just hold on," she said as she climbed out of the springs and began to fiddle with her swimsuit as Savannah and Jordan got back into position on top of Zoey and Topher's shoulders while Wyatt positioned himself on the other end of the springs so he could play referee for the chicken fight. "This damn suit is really pissing me off."