Father's Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Quick A/N:The song isn't important to the story, I just decided to add it in here since it's Father's Day. Sue me.) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Griffin lightly groaned as he woke up and stretched for the day. He opened his eyes, rolled over and saw his wife, Harper, already awake and sitting up in bed. "Morning, baby." he said quietly, rubbing the last little bit of sleep out of his eyes. Harper looked down at her messy haired husband and smiled. "Good morning, sleepyhead. Happy Father's Day!!!" she said brightly, leaning down and planting a kiss on his lips. Griffin smiled into the kiss and brought his hand to the back of her neck, deepening the kiss before Harper put her hand on his chest, pulling them apart. Griffin whined at the separation. "Harper!!! It was just getting good." She just laughed at her husband's pouting and got up out of the bed. "Come on. We've got an exciting day ahead of us." Griffin just sighed, sat up in bed, and sent a happy father's day text to his dad before he got up and went downstairs for breakfast. 

Harper was in the kitchen finishing setting out breakfast. Griffin smiled brightly as he came down the stairs of The Tremont and saw his son and daughter sitting eagerly at one of the tables in the parlor. He swiftly walked behind their chairs and kissed each of their heads. "Good morning, my little squirts."

If you had to ask him, Griffin would say that his son and daughter were probably the very highlights of his life. Nick and Bridget came into his life just at the right times. He and Harper had only been married for a few months when they found out she was pregnant with their first child. Nicholas "Nick" Elijah Campbell was a little ball of fire, but he and Harper wouldn't have had it any other way. Shortly after he turned 3, Harper got pregnant again. Bridget Malou Campbell had come out kicking and screaming and was real feisty. Now they were both growing up. Nick was 9 1/2 and Bridget had just turned 6. "Morning Daddy!!!" said Bridget happily, flashing a toothy grin. "Happy Father's Day, Dad!" said Nick excitedly. Griffin smiled widely as Harper handed him a plate full of eggs and pancakes.

"Thanks, guys. You're too sweet." The family then sat down to eat breakfast, Nick and Bridget talking animatedly about their dreams from last night. Once they'd all finished eating, Griffin stood up to collect the dishes but was stopped by Harper. "Honey, hang on. I think it's time to give you your Father's Day gifts. Nick and Bridget, why don't you give your presents to Dad now, hmmm?" Nick and Bridget both smiled widely before they ran up the stairs and came back downstairs with their gifts a few minutes later. Nick had given Griffin a new guitar pick and Bridget had given him a drawing of the whole family enjoying a picnic. Griffin loved both gifts and pulled both kids in for a gentle hug. "I love both of these gifts so much. Thanks, you guys."

Bridget squealed happily. "That's not all, Daddy. Mommy has a gift for you, too." Griffin stood up and turned to face his wife, who had a small smirk on her face. She shrugged nonchalantly and took his hand and led him outside to the barn. "If you're planning to jumpscare me, I'm asking for a divorce." said Griffin, looking around the barn nervously. "I'm not gonna do that. Now, please, just shut up and trust me." said Harper, feigning annoyance as she grabbed him by the arm and pulled him towards the cluttered area of the barn. Griffin looked around for a few minutes before he saw a brand new acoustic guitar propped up in a stand in the middle of the barn. "Happy Father's Day, baby." Harper whispered as Griffin turned to face her and pulled her in for a passionate kiss, much to the children's audible disgust. But Griffin didn't care. He had an amazing wife and kids and wouldn't trade them for anything else in the world. "You're amazing, Harper." he said softly after they parted and came up for air. Harper smiled and placed her hands on his shoulders. "No, you're amazing. You deserve this after all you've done for me and the kids. It's the least I could do to thank you."

Griffin leaned forward and kissed his wife again before going to look at his new guitar again. It was one he'd been wanting for quite awhile, but hadn't gotten because he didn't want to seem greedy and take money away from his family. And honestly, could you really blame him for wanting to set the best example possible for his children?

The guitar's dark brown wood was beautiful. He carefully picked it up and held it against his chest as he plucked at the strings, sighing contently as they were already tuned. Griffin then ran his fingers over the wooden curves of the guitar, noticing the words engraved on the top side of one of the curves. He ducked down to read it closer.

love you 'til forever, -H. <3

 Griffin looked back up at his wife with tears in his eyes. She was near the barn door, playing with some of Nick's curls and watching Bridget do cartwheels. Sometimes, he honestly didn't know what he did to deserve such an amazing family, but he definitely didn't want to imagine himself without them. They were his rock and vice versa.

He then got up and thanked Harper again by showering her with more kisses. He spent the rest of his afternoon with Ben, the two enjoying a quiet game of golf and some drinks. When he returned home a little after 6:00 that evening, Harper surprised him again by taking him out to eat at his favorite restaurant in New Orleans. The family of four laughed over their dinner, Griffin entertaining Nick and Bridget with stories about his childhood and his own father.

Harper watched with a content smile as her children laughed at Griffin's stories. If there was one thing in the whole wide world she was 100% sure of, it was that Griffin was quite possibly the best father on the face of the earth. When the kids were distracted by their food arriving at the table, Harper turned to face Griffin. "You're a great father. I don't tell you that enough." Griffin shrugged and smiled softly. "Yeah, you actually do. And honestly, I'm probably just an average father at best." Harper chuckled and shook her head. "No, you're the best father ever and that's final." After a few minutes of content silence, Griffin took Harper's hand and held it in his. "I'm an amazing father because you're an amazing mother."

Harper smiled softly and leaned forward to give him a quick kiss. "You never fail to amaze me, Griffin Bennett Campbell. And not just the past nine years we've been parents, but since the very first moment we met when I was your saving grace and kicked your locker open back in middle school. You've always been my favorite person, Guitar God."

"I'll love you 'til forever, Locker Ninja." Griffin whispered contently.

"'Til forever." she confirmed, squeezing his hand three times before she turned back to look at the amazing family that only God had given her. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hope you guys enjoyed this one!!! Don't worry, I'll get back to my SOSS s4 one-shots soon but for now, I'm just trying to get back into writing plain, regular one-shots again. And since Father's Day is today, I thought this was a good way to do so. Anyways, don't forget to show all the old men(whether they're your dad or grandpa or uncle)in your life some love this Father's Day and I'll see y'all real soon. Ciao 4 now, besties!!! <3<3<3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------