Balance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Happy Birthday, @MadisonGrace18!!!! This one's for you. Hope you like it, especially since I was seriously considering not writing this after you killed off Zoey.

(Btw, I'm a little surprised you didn't think to write something like this yourself, especially since you're such a big fan of Sofia Wylie and her music.)

And again, unlike you Maddie, I'm not a professional dancer like you are, so please cut me some slack and go easy on me if I got a term wrong or something. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Balance. You need to find the balance.

Ever since the loss of her best friend and dance sister, Zoey Campbell, that's all Harper Dunn had been hearing from Coach Lotus at rehearsals.  And it was really starting to take a toll on her. After being released from the hospital following her forced poisoning by Griffin, she really didn't have that much time to recover at home since it was time for the Sulphur Springs Competitive Team to begin rehearsals for Nationals next year and since Zoey was now gone, the team just really wasn't the same and Harper was having trouble focusing.

Sighing tiredly, Harper stretched her arms and grabbed her tote bag before she started to walk back to the dressing room with Matt, Heritage, Saylor, River and Emmie. "I hate this." said Harper as soon as they were all out of earshot of Coach Lotus.

"What?" asked Matt quizzically as he raised an eyebrow up in the air.

"Zoey being gone. The team hasn't really been the same without her, and I don't think Coach seems to realize that yet. I've been having trouble just getting out of bed in the mornings lately. I'm always tired, super hungry and just plain exhausted and yet, he really doesn't seem to care." she said in a sleepy voice as she let out a loud yawn.

Saylor shrugged. "Eh, what can we do? We all miss her, Harps, but it's like Coach said: We all need to find the balance. If we wanna have a shot at winning Nationals again next year, we need to stay on the top of our game."

Harper frowned, but realized she had a point. Sighing heavily, she went into the girls' locker room to change before she sat down on one of the chairs in the waiting room before Griffin arrived to pick her up. "Well, I gotta go. See you guys on Monday." she called to her friends/teammates before she walked out to Griffin's car and climbed into the front passenger seat.

It was a Friday night, which meant that she and Griffin were gonna go see Zoey at the cemetery and just check in with her before they would either go back to the Dunn's house or the Tremont and just spend the whole weekend together, which was something they had been doing ever since she was released from the hospital.

With a heavy sigh, Griffin turned to face Harper. "Let me guess? Another rough day today?" he asked gently as he rubbed her shoulder blades with his free hand that wasn't gripping the steering wheel. She nodded wordlessly and leaned over to hug him. They both missed Zoey a lot and even they both knew what they were doing wasn't healthy by any means at all whatsoever, they couldn't seem to stop. They were basically just going on autopilot and not really even living at this point, much to the concern of both their parents. 

"Coach said that I need to find the balance between missing Zoey and staying focused as we prepare for Nationals next year, but I just don't know if I can do it. None of us have really had the same fire for dance burning in our souls like we used to, and I just wish there was some way I could fix that." she said in a tired, whiny voice.

Griffin sighed sadly and wished there was some way he could help get Harper out of her funk, but he really wasn't sure how he could do that. He was kinda feeling the same way she was, and unlike having dance to turn to for an escape/coping mechanism following Zoey's passing, he didn't have a healthy way of letting out all of his angers and frustration and had taken up stress eating, driving around town and disappearing for hours at a time and playing way more video games than what he should've been allowed to, which unfortunately meant for him that his grades in school had severely fallen by the wayside.