Chapter 1.

(3rd person POV)

Leafy was driving home from work, it had been a stressful week with client cancellations and arguments amongst workers, she was glad that the weekend was finally here and she could finally take a breather.

From the start of the week she could tell it would pure torture so had made plans to have a relaxing weekend all to herself.

She had bought herself the nice wine, her favourite snacks and to top it off she treated herself to a face mask.

And what's more was that after she told Pin her plans, she offered to mind Grove for her which meant there would be silence and a lie in.

Of course, she loved Grove with all her heart but he was still a four year old child and he had lots of energy and that didn't really do much for relaxing.

Once she got home, she kicked off her heels and went upstairs to draw herself a bath to which she decided to add in her rose scented bath salts.

The water was lovely and warm and the bubbles made her feel like she was in paradise.

As she relaxed into the bath all of the aches in her muscles and joints gradually slipped away as she felt a sense of relaxation she hadn't felt in a while.

She lay there for around an hour and she could have stayed forever but she didn't want to waste her evening so she forced herself to get out of the bath and into her comfy pajamas.

Her pajamas were freshly washed and  once she was all warm and dry and she had finished her skincare she felt amazing.

She went into the kitchen, got her wine and snacks then curled up on the sofa watching sappy rom-coms.

It was all so lovely but after a while she began to feel a bit lonely.

If Grove were here he would have begged her to put on The Super Rangers or any of the Insufferable Me movies but she wouldn't have minded, she would just be glad to see him smile.

By the time he would finish the first movie he would be snuggled up against her and would beg for to watch another and of course she would cave but he would fall asleep thirty minutes in and she would carry him up to bed and sing him a lullaby before heading to her own room.

She was on her third movie and she wished more than anything she had someone to cuddle up to.

Usually it was Grove who snuggled into her but she had no one she could do the same to.

She tuned the movie out as she remembered what her evenings used to be like when the man she loved was still alive.

She would always trap him in a cuddle as they watched their favourite movies and drank together and everytime he got up he would kiss her before asking if she needed anything.

It was always around midway through the film they would just start chatting to each other about anything that came to their minds and this would go on until they both fell asleep on the couch in each other's arms.

She stood up and walked to the photo of him she had on her wall, carefully brushing her thumb over his smiling face.

"Why did you have to go Firey?" she sighed.

She stood there for a few minutes, the only noise she could hear was the low talking from the TV and she hated the emptiness of the apartment.

It was dark and cold, the distant sounds of the city were the only things she could hear.

Her wine was almost gone and she decided she wasn't bothered with finishing the movie and she just wanted to go bed.

She turned off all the lights and brought her leftovers into the kitchen.

She trapsed upstairs and fell onto her bed.

She was under her blanket and she was comfortable but no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't fall asleep.

Nothing seemed to work, she tried calming music, a sleeping mask, counting backwards from 100, nothing was helping her.

By this point it was almost 3AM and she was so tired.

She was about to give up and go downstairs to watch the second half of that stupid movie when an idea struck her, the realisation of what her problem was.

She got out of her bed and walked across the hall to Grove's bedroom.

She got into his bed and made herself comfortable as she held one of his favourite stuffed animals in her arms.

Now she knew why she couldn't fall asleep and why this night hadn't been as relaxing as she had hoped.

The next time she would do something like this she would have Grove with her and she would make sure both of them had a nice time.

Because she knew that she still couldn't handle anymore of those silent and lonely nights.

They remind her too much of him.
===============================

Here's chapter 1 of my new book! I've had this in my drafts since January or so and I've decided to publish it, I'll have a drawn cover soon, the current one is just a place holder.