Chapter 21

Leafy sat at her table wondering why her life was just a mess nowadays.

She still had no idea what to do about Grove and Firey and whether or not she should tell Firey the truth.

Work was piling up and she just felt like she was going to collapse all the time, even Grove was stressing her out more than usual.

She rested her head against the table, lightly banging her forehead against it.

Her phone buzzed, catching her attention. She reached out for it, checking the caller ID.

It was Pin.

"Hey Leafy, are you free?" Pin asked happily.

"Wow, I'm fine Pin, how are you?"

"Oh hush, just answer the question,"

"Yeah, I'm free I guess, why?"

"Wanna go out for drinks with me and GB?"

"What about Grove? I can't just leave him with Firey,"

"Just bring him over to my place, he and Coiny get along so well, it's no problem,"

"Hm, you know what? I think I will, maybe I need this,"

"Yes! That's the Leafy I know and love, I missed youuuuu !"

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, I'll be there in an hour is that alright?"

"Yes, of course! Can't wait to see you, wear something nice!"

"Don't I always? Anyways, see you Pin,"

"Bye!"

Leafy hung up, smiling as she put her phone down, she got up to get ready.

"Firey, are you alright?" Leafy asked.

She didn't get a response, he was staring off into space, he did this a lot, especially recently.

"Firey? Firey, is everything okay?" she waved her hand in front of his face and he blinked a few times before returning to himself.

"Oh, uh, yeah what's up?" he asked.

"I'm going out with Pin and Golfball, is that okay?" she questioned.

"Yeah, that's fine, go ahead,"Firey smiled wanly.

"Are you sure you're okay? You seem, out of it?" Leafy wondered.

"Yeah, I just feel a bit under the weather, I'll probably just get some rest," Firey shrugged.  "Oh, what about Grove?"

"Coiny is going to look after him, he usually does, they're like two peas in a pod," Leafy laughed slightly.

Firey had never gotten on with Coiny particularly well, they were only "friends" because of Leafy, something about the idea of Coiny being closer with Grove than he was didn't sit right with him.

As much as he wanted to mind Grove tonight, he couldn't.

He had a job to do.

"Yeah, you rest up and feel better soon, I'm gonna go get ready," Leafy called as she walked upstairs.

She tied her hair into a ponytail, with two bits of hair hanging at the side of her head and using a curling iron she curled them, making two cute tendrils, since her hair only fell to just above her shoulders, there wasn't much she could do in regards to styling it.

She searched her wardrobe, Pin had told her to wear something nice and when Pin went out for drinks she only picked fancy places.

After a bit of looking, she found a black, backless dress that fit her fairly well, it was form fitting but she could deal with it.