Chapter 2

Leafy's alarm woke her up and she groaned in frustration, she had no energy for a new day even though she didn't have to go to work.

She needed to pick Grove up from Coiny and Pin and then figure out what to make for dinner.

She begrudgingly got up, pushing the stuffed animals off her and went to go freshen up in the bathroom.

Once she was done she went downstairs to make herself a coffee and watch the news. She always liked being up to date on current affairs, it helped her feel attached to things.

She checked her phone for any messages and saw she had gotten one from Pin.

Hey Leafy, I have an offer for you.

Leafy rolled her eyes, when Pin had an offer it was never good.

What is it Pin?

Well, why don't we have a Girls Night tonight? Grove can stay at my house again and we can just go out and have fun!

Pin you know how I feel about  Girls Night.

Aw come on Leafy we haven't done this in forever, it'll be good for you.

Everytime we do this you try to set me up with some weird co-worker you know.

But it won't be like that this time, I promise! It'll just be you, me and Golfball.

I highly doubt that.

Please Leafy, I'm worried about you. You need to start getting back out there.

If it shuts you up I'll go but if there is even one guy tries to get with me, I'm out.

Great! You won't regret this!

Let's see.

Leafy sighed as she put her phone down, Pin was always way too quick to answer texts.

Now she had to find suitable clothes and take a shower.

She liked to take her time in the shower, letting the water properly wet her skin and lathering in the shampoo and conditioner.

In recent years she had learned to take time for herself so she could feel good.

But there wasn't time for that, she needed to drive to Pin's house to check in on Grove and meet with Pin and Golfball.

When she was out of the shower, she looked for some clothes, Pin had told her to wear something "fun" but Leafy didn't understand what she meant so she put on some tight, black jeans and a shoulderless white blouse along with black high-heels.

She decided to go the extra mile and curl her hair slightly and put on a bit of makeup, all in all she liked how she looked.

She grabbed her car keys, turned off the lights and left the apartment, making extra certain she double locked the front door.

She went downstairs to the underground car park and hopped into her car.

She pulled out of her spot and exited the car park, driving out onto the busy city streets.

The traffic wasn't heavy today so she made it to Pins in thirty minutes instead of the usual hour.

Pin had given her the access code to her private parking space so she had no issues with finding a place to park.

Leafy made her way up to Pin and Coiny's apartment and rang the doorbell.

She heard quickly running little footsteps and a small voice saying
"It's mama, it's mama!"