Chapter 15

Leafy was on her break and she had decided to walk to the wonderful café near the office complex to get a freshly brewed latter instead of the watery, stale coffees that came from the staff room coffee maker, that thing had to be a health violation she swears.

The café wasn't far and it was definitely worth losing a bit of the time she had.

The lovely smell hit her as she walked in, warm pastries and expensive coffee beans combines to create an almost intoxicating aroma that made her almost salivate.

The workers were friendly and it seemed that the customers were too, no one was yelling, no one was demanding service, everyone was simply going about their day and smiling while they did it, this was what Leafy loved, happy people, in happy places.

She hadn't told anyone about this place, she wanted it for herself, somewhere she could go and forget her life for a bit and just be chill.

It was her small secret that she would never, ever tell.

The barista at the counter greeted her as they always did, the workers had gotten to know her and they always knew what she would order.

As a matter of fact, her order always seemed to come a bit quicker than the others, she liked to imagine that they began preparing it as soon as she walked in.

She collected her drink, left a decent tip and sat down at her favourite table, a small sofa off in the corner, not too far from a window.

She sighed happily as she relished the smooth taste of the warm latte and closed her eyes for a moment.

She was so relaxed.

"Pardon me, is this seat taken?"

Leafy jumped in surprise and brought her attention to the person in front of her.

They had dark green hair that seemed neat and messy at the same time, bright green eyes and a sweet yet sinister smile that showed his too white teeth.

They wore an expensive looking suit with a crisp white shirt with a green tie, they looked like a stereotypical business shark, he was trying to come off friendly but there was something... off putting about his demeanor.

"No, it isn't,"

"May I?" they asked gesturing to the chair.

"Sure,"

They sat down with a form of "elegance" and Leafy watched them suspiciously.

"So, do you need something?" she questioned.

"As a matter of fact no, but I think you do," they smiled.

"What do I need?" she said with slight venom.

"Temper, temper, don't worry I have no ill intent, I am merely a... well let's say I'm a well-wisher," they said sweetly.

"Ill intent or not, I don't know you and you've approached me in a random café, no well-wisher does that," she stated.

"Ah, forgive me, I didn't take your reaction into account, it's very much justified," they said calmly

"My name is Two, I won't bore you with my life story but what you must know is that I am a very influential person and I have information that may be of interest to you, my dear,"

Leafy narrowed her eyes at the man, remaining wordless but making sure he knew how she felt.

"I understand your hesitation, I would behave the same way if I was in your position but do take a listen to what I have to say,"

"Alright then, but I will remind you we are in a very public place and I would feel zero embarrassment in causing a scene," Leafy warned.

She didn't really want to talk to this stranger but she was curious, he seemed like a well-off person, with fancy mannerisms and a nice English accent that really topped it all off, they were like a travelling magician, a person who drew you in no matter what.