Chapter 9

"So how do you feel about him being back?" Pin asked as she sipped her coffee.

"I don't know, I mean of course I'm happy that he's not dead but I don't know it's just... complicated I guess," Leafy sighed.

"How so?" Pin wondered.

"Well, I have no idea what to do, do I act like nothing happened or do I keep doing what I'm doing?" Leafy said as she rubbed her temple.

"What have you been doing?" Pin questioned.

"I haven't been loving him, if that makes sense. I've had him sleeping on the couch, I haven't let him anywhere near me romantically," Leafy explained.

"But why, if Coiny died then came back to life, I'd be all over him," Pin said.

"I want to do that but I keep saying to myself I'm doing this because I'm scared of being hurt again, like I said I really don't know what I'm doing," Leafy sighed deeply.

"See, there comes a point where it stops being about you protecting yourself and it starts being you indirectly punishing him for something he clearly didn't want to do," Pin stated.

"Maybe it's a bit of both," Leafy said guiltily.

"We don't know what he went through, so no offense but there's a chance you're just being cruel," Pin noted.

"But how can I know, he's not telling me anything at all," Leafy grumbled.

"Yeah yeah, he told me that he's waiting but you're his wife, surely there must be something he can tell you?" Pin said thoughtfully.

"No idea, I can't get anything out of him," Leafy complained.

Pin thought for a minute before a sly grin made it's way on her face.

"Well, there might be a way for you to get some information," she smirked.

"How?" Leafy asked suspiciously.

"People are more honest when they're tired right? So just find a way to... tire him out," Pin said sweetly

"No way Pin, that's just all kinds of wrong!" Leafy exclaimed.

"I mean it would work though, after you're... you know done, you can ask him and I'm certain he'll say something, it always works for me," Pin laughed slightly.

"Pin, I think you're evil," Leafy said, unimpressed.

"Look, just keep it in mind okay? It might also help you let yourself get close to him again, maybe that's what your mind wants, an excuse," Pin shrugged.

"Hm, maybe," Leafy said quietly.

The conversation moved to different topics but Leafy did keep what Pin said in the back of her mind.

Maybe Pin was right, maybe she didn't actually want to know where he'd been or what he'd done, maybe she just was too scared to approach him.

Would she be a bad person if she actually did this? No, she was just trying to get information that she deserved to know, depending on what he told her would change how she dealt with things.

As they left the coffee shop, Pin offered to take Grove for the night, an offer that Leafy accepted so it was arranged that Coiny would drive to Leafy's apartment, pick up Grove and take him back to himself and Pin's apartment.

Just her and Firey in the apartment, exactly how it used to be...

Leafy had drank some of her wine as a slight confidence booster and sat down on the couch across from Firey who leaned against the wall on his pull out bed.