Epilogue

From down the hall, a baby's crying could be heard.

A few minutes later, the sound of footfalls echoing against the walls could be heard.

Like most parents, the father stirred the moment he heard those tired little cries and after reassuring his wife that he would comfort their child, he exited their bedroom to check on the baby.

As he walked the short distance, he tried to figure out what kind of cry it was, wether it was a hungry cry, a scared cry or simply a cry for attention.

As usual, he couldn't tell. In comparison to his wife he wasn't very good at the whole "being a dad" thing and even after three months of having a baby, he was still unsure and he didn't like to admit it, but he was scared.

He pushed open the nursery door and greeted his crying child.

"Hey it's all right, your dad's here," he whispered.

He walked silently over to the crib and carefully picked up the baby and held her gently, one hand supporting the weight and the other patting her back while her tiny chin rested on his shoulder.

The volume of the crying lowered significantly but it didn't fully stop, after a while of walking around and attempting to comfort whatever was wrong, Firey concluded that it was not an attention seeking cry.

He shifted the baby so he was now able to see her face and he smiled lovingly at the little bundle in his arms.

"Are you scared? Did you have a nightmare?" He asked, still smiling.

In response, the baby continued to cry.

Firey focused on the cry for a moment, it wasn't quick and fretful and she didn't seem to be stressed, no sign of fear could be seen.

He couldn't smell anything either so there was no need for a change.

"Are you hungry, I think we've got a bottle here," He smiled.

He reached out and took a bottle from the table nearby and held it to the baby's lips and just like that, the crying stopped and Firey let out a contented sigh.

He watched as the baby fed, the soft, bright eyes focused on the bottle in the small hands.

Whenever Firey held his child, he always thought she was the most gorgeous thing in whole world.

Right after Leafy.

He loved her soft, deep red hair with the hints of yellow through it, he loved her sweet eyes that were an enchanting mix of red and green and her tiny nose that was just like her mother's.

Nothing made him happier than admiring his little girl and remembering when he was able to hold her for the first time.

He loved her from the start, he had cried when held her.

Two years have passed since all those horrible events happened.

Leafy recovered and was able to go back to her normal life, she was very happy about that.

She let Firey stay and there was a very long conversation about everything that happened and what led to all of it.

Leafy also had a chat with Grove about Firey and who he was but Grove, being the kind hearted child he is, took it all very well, admittedly a little bit confused but he adapted.

It took a little while but after a few months, Leafy finally heard Grove call Firey "papa"

She was a bit emotional that day.

Another conversation that occured what how they could deal with everything.

Both Firey and Leafy were dealing with mental impacts of the past.