Chapter 33

Firey's blood felt like it was on fire.

In fact, every part of him scorched with heat and fury as he glared at the insane man in front of him.

From behind Two, he could see Leafy who looked like she had seen better days, she looked terrified and tired but there was a small, loving smile on her face that lit her up.

No matter what, Firey was going to get her home.

Firey had insisted he enter the building first, Four was outside conferring with other members of the agency on what the best course of action was, they would be joining him soon but Firey wanted to see Two's face properly and face him one on one.

"Oh my, what a romantic turn of events, the young bastard come to save the love of his life," Two cackled.

"Just surrender quietly Two, maybe you'll get parole if you behave," Firey responded.

"It's over, give it up,"

At those words, Two's face changed, they no longer smiled, instead a scowl-like expression took it's place and the insane glint on their eyes turned dim and hateful.

"You're probably going to demand an explanation from me, aren't you?" Two sighed.

"That'll be the least of it," Firey snapped.

"Well then, allow me to illuminate your dark, disgraceful mind," Two said, their smile returning.

"But first..."

Two reached for the holster on their belt, drawing out the gun that sat there and pointed it at Firey.

"Now it's much more equal,"

Firey's throat felt dry but he did his best to stay strong, having a gun pointed at you was very emotionally jarring.

"After you escaped this very same warehouse, I began researching you, I found out almost everything about you, I've had eyes on you for years," Two's voice was calm and gentle but there was a hint of tension behind it.

"I learned that you have people you care about, to a fault even and after a lot of digging, I found out about this lovely woman right here," Two said as they gestured to Leafy.

"You've always been just out of reach Detective Brennt, despite all my knowledge, I could never quite get to you but, good things come to those who wait, don't they?" Two grinned like a Cheshire cat.

Firey's expression darkened as he placed a slight bit of pressure on the trigger, daring Two to say something about Leafy.

Two stayed relaxed and composed, like he was scolding a child who had been throwing a tantrum.

"This pretty girl is your Achilles heel, isn't she? You'd do anything to make sure she's safe, you'd even throw your own life away, am I right?"

"I figured out that all I needed to have you where I want you was to get to her and I must say, she's been wonderful company," Two laughed.

"I know that the sun is setting for me, my carefully sculpted empire is collapsing and it's all because of you," Two hissed accusingly.

"So, why shouldn't I take something important from you? She's much too pretty for you anyway,"

Firey wanted to just charge at Two, to beat him to the point he wouldn't even be able to use that stupid smile ever again.

Firey was trembling with rage while Two was stupidly smug, both of them had their attention on the barrel of the other's gun, both of them equally tense but keeping it hidden.

Neither of them looked at Leafy, as much as Firey wanted to see if she was alright, he knew better than to turn his back on Two, who would use any cheap tactic to win.