Chapter 29

Two weeks since she reverted back to what she was when he died.

Two weeks since the only person she had ever loved left her.

Two weeks.

In that time she became numb, unresponsive to everyone except her son.

Gelatin came over to visit her, trying his best to get a genuine smile and laugh out of her, talking about stories from when they were kids and telling her random, embarrassing stories about himself and their friends but nothing worked like it usually did.

Of course, she responded to him, giving him smiles and laughs and questions in reply but Gelatin knew they were fake, he knew what a real smile looked like, he knew what Leafy's smile was like and that wasn't it.

When Gelatin wasn't there, other people were.

Pin came over and did a spa session with Leafy, it felt good but only physically.

Golfball came over and tried to talk to her, even inviting her to her and Tennisball's beach house but it didn't do much, Leafy declined the offer.

Tennisball gave her some fresh tea herbs he grew in his garden, Flower had made her some clothes, putting aside deadlines for her friend and Lollipop sent over an expensive white wine.

People were doing so much for her.

She appreciated it greatly but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't deal with the idea that Firey didn't love her anymore.

Her own husband didn't love her.

She had run out of tears to cry and simply lay on the sofa, staring at nothing as the TV blared in the background.

It was Saturday afternoon, Coiny and Pin had taken Grove to a themepark to try distract him too because he was still pretty upset too.

Leafy hated being sad infront of Grove, she needed to try get better for his sake.

But today was not that day, she was resting, she wore low-rise tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie over a crop top, both of them has drink company logos on them, not her most flattering outfit by any means.

She threw a stress ball up and down, there was nothing on her mind, her focus was on the ball.

Throw, catch.

Throw, catch.

Throw, catch, click.

Her attention turned to her front door when she heard it unlock, she felt her stomach drop when she heard it open.

She quickly stood up, bracing herself for whoever it was, she wasn't going to let this thief take anything.

The intruder rounded the corner and Leafy was taken aback when she saw it was the person from the coffee shop who gave her the business card.

This person had something to do with Firey, what was their name?

"How lovely it is to see you again, Leafy," they grinned as they bobbed a curtsey.

"You're Two, right? What in the name of God are you doing in my apartment?" she demanded.

"I am simply here to see how things are going for you," they said with that horrible smile still lighting their face.

"Get out, now," Leafy snarled, taking out her phone to call the police.

Suddenly, Two strode over to her, grasping her hand with horrific strength causing her to yell in pain and drop her phone which Two promptly kicked to the other side of the room.