Chapter 28

Firey was sat in Four's large living room, both of them were drunk after raiding Four's alcohol storage.

Seeing Four drunk was a strange sight for Firey but he couldn't say much, he also wasn't very classy when he downed a couple beers.

Four had given their approval for Firey's mission and they began planning it properly that day, they worked their asses off to get it on track to bring fail proof and this was their "reward".

In truth, it was just a sad day for both of them and neither was good at articulating their emotions.

"Firey, I-I want you to kill that B-bastard," Four's words slurred together.

"No, D-don't worry, I'll do it... he'll... he'll die," Firey responded.

Four put their hand on Firey's shoulder to steady themself as their eyes suddenly began to water.

"Oh god Firey, I loved them," Four sobbed.

"W-who?" Firey questioned.

"X, I loved them and I never said it." Four rested their head against the table, totally slumped.

"I never told them... and I always knew they were too good for me but I-I always thought they'd be here,"

Firey watched Four cry, a sad, ugly sound that he didn't want to hear, it just felt wrong.

"I loved them," Four cried, muffled from having his face pressed on the table.

Firey narrowed his eyes and scrutinised the situation.

Why the hell was everything in his life just sad?

...

Needless to say, both of them were hungover the next day and Firey woke up on the floor of the living room with Four still laying on the table, the room was a mess.

Firey shook Four awake, getting a smack and a half uttered complaint, he decided not to try further and just brought the cans and bottles out to the bins.

The sun was too bright and the sound of the leaves and the birds was too loud for him, it made his head pound.

He went to the kitchen to brew some coffee for himself and Four, while he waited for it to brew, he ate a bowl of cereal, the pure picture of high-class charm.

He brought the coffee into the living room and properly shook Four awake, placing the coffee in front of them.

After a few minutes, Four sat up and chugged the coffee and was miraculously good as new.

"Thank you cleaning up Firey, apologies for anything I may have said last night, I was not myself as you could probably tell," Four said with hidden embarrassment.

"It's fine, you didn't say anything bad," Firey assured.

Four didn't believe him but pretended that they did, they left to go take a shower and after that they got back to work on the plan.

Once again, they worked for hours on end, trying to figure out locations, ways to coax Two out of hiding and methods of killing.

It was daunting for Firey but he said nothing, he needed to go through with this no matter how scared he was.

Planning your own death wasn't fun.

It would be worth it as long as it worked, this case would be closed and people would be safe.

Leafy would be able to move on.

He wondered who would tell her he was dead, he wondered if she would actually believe them.