Chapter Six

Red

Getting home from Tas house, I see China sitting at the island eating some fried chicken with a cup of cold juice.

"Hey" China speaks, wiping her hands with a napkin.

"Dj here?" I ask casually while looking around.

She shakes her head no "He went with Bj to Dave & Busters to celebrate making the varsity basketball team, he left like an hour ago"

I nod while walking over to her..

I knock everything off the table causing glass to shatter on the other side of the island. 

"Red what the fuck?!" China yells confused and in shock.

"You think I'm dumb bitch?" I ask while grabbing her by her hair and slamming her to the ground.

"I didn't do anything" China cries out in pain.

"You was fucking Brent while I was locked up?!" I ask angrily

"I'm sorry" She cries as I drag her up the stairs.

"What you sorry for? I thought you ain't did nothing.." I chuckle.

Dragging her into the room, I instantly begin to lash out..

......

"On Dj we done bitch!" I yell at China, standing over her aching body as she cries.

I take a deep breath, calming myself down.

"Go clean up. If you mention a word of this to my son, you gone regret it" I warn China through clinched teeth.

She slowly gets up, doing as told.

I sit on the bed, sparking a backwood.

I'm gone let her keep the house and get a new one. This shit dead on my mama.

"Pops" I hear Dj yell, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I'm coming" I yell back while getting myself together before walking out of the room.

I get downstairs seeing Danielle and skittles...

"Dani?" I speak nervously.

Damn my kids done grown up on me..

She seventeen now.

"Dad" Dani responds while quickly hugging me.

"You been out for going on two weeks and ain't contact your daughter. We had to find out you were free from Dj instagram post of y'all two in his new bmw you bought him" Skittles says dramatically while putting emphasis on the fact that I bought Dj a car.

"Mom" Dani stares at skittles blankly.

"Don't mom me little girl" Skittles tells Dani.

"Aye chill out with all that" I warn Skittles.

"We can go get you a car first thing in the morning Dani, any kind you want" I speak while eyeing Skittles.

Skittles rolls her eyes.

"Really?!" Dani asks excitedly with big brown eyes.

I nod

"Stop acting like you ain't never had shit" Skittles tells Dani.

Shit, she better have nice shit, all that money I was having sent to her while I was in prison..

"I hope y'all two was staying in touch" I speak changing the subject while pointing at Dj and Dani.

"We really became close these past four to five years for real, before that we ain't see each-other much and she go to a different school but shit I know that's my sister" Dj tells me.

I nod.

"Boy watch your mouth, you ain't grown. Looking like a clone of Red." Skittles tells Dj.

I chuckle.

"Yes ma'am, my bad" Dj apologizes with a smirk.

One thing I can say is the boy got manners..

"Well we just stopped by to say what's up and say congratulations on coming home early" Skittles tells me.

"Thanks" I reply while nodding.

"Love you Dani, see you in the morning" I tell her while pulling her into another hug.

"Love you too dad" Dani replies.

"See you later sis" Dj tells Dani as they hug.

"See you little brother" Dani says putting emphasis on little and Dj chuckles.

"By a year and I'm taller than you" Dj replies as Dani walks towards the front door.

"Why is there glass and food on the floor?" Skittles asks stopping and pointing.

"I dropped that earlier, I'll pick it up" I speak as if it's nothing..

"Where mama?" Dj asks as Dani and Skittles leave the house.

"She in the shower. She don't feel too good right now" I tell him.

He nods "Oh okay, well I'm gone go to my room"

I nod.

I fix myself a shot of dusse and grab some ice packs for China before jogging up the stairs, back into the room.

China is laying in the bed, crying under the blankets.

"Get up so we can put these ice packs on you" I whisper so Dj won't hear me.

China slowly gets gets up "So you're leaving?" She asks sniffling in between tears.

I nod "Yeah, I'm leaving and Brent gone die" I tell her while placing an ice pack on to her forehead.

She closes her eyes and more tears start to fall...

........
▪️I know y'all tired of these shorts updates but Thanks For Reading, XOXO 🖤