Chapter Twenty-Three

Dj (Daniel Jr)

The team decided on going bowling to celebrate our victory.

"You want to match?" Bj asks me while picking his teeth with a toothpick as we leave the bowling alley with the rest of the team.

I nod "I was about to roll up anyways"

"I'll see y'all boys at school on Monday" Voc says loudly causing everyone to stop talking.

I watch as Voc holds his right hand out, palm down causing everyone to pile their hands on to his forming a huddle.

"Tigers on three" Voc yells.

"One, Two, Three"

"Tigers!" We all shout loudly causing everyone in the parking lot to look at us.

"Alright, y'all be safe" Voc says before walking away.

Everyone goes off into different directions..

"We can smoke in my car" Bj tells me as we walk through the parking lot.

"Alright" I reply, stopping at my car to get my weed and backwoods out of it.

After getting my items I lock my car with the key and walk over to Bjs car, getting in.

"Smell this" I tell Bj while handing him a bud of weed.

He takes the bud, putting it to his nose and sniffing.

I watch as he raises both of his eyebrows in shock before looking closely at the bud.

"Where you got this from?" Bj questions while handing me the bud back.

I chuckle "My pops just got some new shit in. I got zips for days" I tell him.

"I'm about to start shopping with Uncle Red" Bj tells me while putting his weed into a grinder.

"Hell yeah, he'll throw you some shit for free too" I reply while breaking my weed down using my fingers since I left my grinder..

After pearling my blunt, I spark it up and take a puff.

A cloud of smoke forms as I exhale..

......

The next morning..

China

I wake up due to hard knocking at my room door.

Rubbing my eyes, I sit up.

"Come in" I speak with a quavering voice.

The door opens and it's Dani.

"What's wrong?" I ask confused.

"I just called my grandma about my mom's funeral arrangements and she told me that she had no idea my mom was dead.." Dani says causing my eyes to widen.

"My dad said she died in a car crash, correct?" Dani questions while looking into my eyes.

I nod.

"So where's her body? I called a thousand morgues and there's no sign of a Laquita Scott in any one of them" Dani says, using Skittles real name.

"I'm going to call the cops and file a missing persons report" Dani continues causing me to hold my hand up, singling for her to stop..

"Let me call your dad first!" I semi shout.

I'm not sure what's going on but from what I'm hearing, I don't think Red would want the police involved...

Grabbing my phone from the dresser beside me, I call Red.