Chapter Fourty-Nine

Bj (Brent Jr)

I just finished my therapy session with Dr.Simmons, now I'm on my way to pick Sasha up from Summers house.

I drive for about thirty five minutes before pulling into Summers drive way.

I use the infotainment center in my car to call Sasha since my phone is connected to it..

"Hello?" Sasha's voice echoes through my car.

I turn the volume down "I'm outside baby"

"Okay, I'm coming" Sasha replies.

"Alright" I end the call.

I open up a pack of double mint bubble gum, putting a piece into my mouth.

A few seconds later Summers front door opens and Sasha fine ass walks out..

Sasha walks towards my car and Summer waves from the doorway.

I beep my horn at Summer.

"Hey baby" I speak to Sasha as she gets into the car.

"Hey" She gives me a kiss.

"You had fun with Summer?" I ask pulling out of the driveway and getting on to the main road.

"Yes" She stretches the S

"That's my girl now" Sasha says referring to Summer.

I nod with a chuckle "That's what's up"

"Omg and guess what" Sasha says randomly.

I look at her then back at the road "What?"

"I found out today that my ex is missing. I called his mama to verify and she told me that she hasn't seen or heard from him in about a week. It's not like him to not check in with his mama" Sasha tells me.

We stop at a red light.

I look at her "You called his mama to verify?"

She nods.

I chuckle "You seem mighty concerned"

"I mean I do have a heart" She scoffs.

"For the nigga that raped you?" I raise an eyebrow.

She gasps lightly "That has nothing to do with anything" She shakes her head.

"That has everything to do with everything" I correct her.

"If you care so much about the nigga being missing then go find him but don't tell me shit because I don't give a fuck" I snap angrily.

The cars behind me start to beep their horns repeatedly.

I realize the light is green and I go.

There's a moment of silence in the car..

Sasha places her hand over mine on the gear stick.

"I won't bring him up again" She speaks softly.

I take a deep breath allowing my furrowed eyebrows to relax.

China

"Who you calling?" Red questions walking into our bedroom.

"Lola" I tell him, putting the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" Lola answers on the third ring.

"Hey, I just wanted to make sure you knew that Summer was over here the other day with Dj" I tell her.

Red sits next to me on the bed.

"Yeah, I know" Lola tells me.

I raise an eyebrow "& you're okay with that?"

"Yes, I am" She answers.

"That's funny since you literally marched into my house and accused my son of being a woman beater" I speak sarcastically.

She sighs "Is that what you called me to say?"

"Yes, I don't appreciate how you accused my son then still let your daughter come over here. The least you could do is apologize" I tell her.

I look at Red who is now rolling up some weed with his rolling tray.

"Apologize?" Lola scoffs.

"Yes, apologize" I repeat.

I don't play about my son.

Lola laughs "I'm not apologizing because I know for a fact he hit my daughter"

"Did she tell you that?" I ask sarcastically.

"She didn't have to" Lola shoots back.

"Well until you apologize she's not coming back to my house, around my woman beating son" I tell her with sarcasm on that last part.

"You're literally so blind" Lola tells me "If I had it my way she would never and I mean never ever be around him again but I couldn't stop her because she loves him so much. She's too young and dumb to realize that the abuse is not okay just like you were when Red started beating your ass"

Red and I look at each other.

"Don't bring Red into this" I tell her "Dj is not his father and I said what I said"

"I did too" She replies.

"Okay, so keep your daughter out of my house and away from my son" I tell her.

She scoffs "You're being unbelievable right now. Just because I won't apologize for protecting my daughter"

"I said what I said" I shrug.

"Say less" She ends the call.

Red and I look at each other.

"Hit the blunt" He tells me.

I take it from his hand, taking a puff.

Dani

I decided to let Armon come home today.

We discussed everything and he assured me that he would never cheat again.

"What happened to your hand?" I point at his left hand that's covered in bandage.

"Oh, um, it's nothing" He assures me

I furrow my eyebrows "Okay"

..............
▪️Thanks for Reading XOXO