Chapter Twelve

China

I just got home from my date with James and compatible ain't the word, I feel like I've known him forever.

"Where you been?" Dj questions me.

He's in the kitchen making a sandwich.

I sit my purse on the counter, taking my jimmy choo heels off of my feet.

"Boy stop questioning me like you my man" I reply to Dj and he chuckles.

"I went on a date" I tell him.

"Stop acting like you grown" He squints his eyes, pointing at me with a mayonnaise covered butter knife.

I laugh.

........

Waking up, I rub the sleepiness from my eyes.

Looking at the alarm clock on my dresser I see that it's ten in the morning causing me jump up.

Dj gone be late for school.

Running down the hallway, I knock on Dj's door.

"Time for school" I semi yell from the other side of the door.

No response..

He usually replies letting me know he's up.

I knock again before opening the door and he's already gone.

I sigh in relief.

I love having a responsible son.

I walk back into my room, getting back into the bed.

Checking my phone, I see a Good Morning text from James causing me to smile.

Dj (Daniel Jr)

Sitting in first period, Summer walks in late carrying a large Starbucks cup.

She dyed her brown hair blonde.

"You're late Summer" Our art teacher Mr.Knight tells her.

"I'm pretty sure I know how to tell time so I'm aware" Summer says sarcastically.

She takes the seat behind me.

..........

"What do you think about my hair Dj?" Summer asks me as we walk out of first period.

"Blonde isn't your color" Keisha tells her.

Summer furrs her eyebrows while looking at herself in her phones camera insecurely.

"& box braids ain't your style, you should take them out" I tell Keisha.

"Blonde looks good on you Summer, it's pretty" I tell her and she instantly smiles showing her blue braces and deep dimples.

"My knotless braids definitely giving" Keisha tells me.

"Giving what?" I ask Keisha while raising an eyebrow.

"Giving what needs to be gave" Keisha tells me while smacking her own ass.

I wave her off, walking over to Bj.

Red

"Bae I got to go, I have work in a hour" Monet tells me, trying to get out of my grip.

She's a registered nurse.

"Call out, I'll pay you double what you about to make" I tell her.

She laughs "I did that two days in a row, they gone fire me"

"Ok but you better come straight here when you get off" I tell her, placing a kiss on her plump lips.

"I will" She tells me in between our multiple kisses.

I smile "See you later"

"See you later" She replies, turning to walk away.

I smack her ass causing it to jiggle.

"Ouch" She says putting her hand on her ass where I hit it.

I chuckle.

......

Monet left an hour ago so I decided to go clear my safes at Chinas house.

Knocking on the door, China opens it wearing a silk robe.

"Red?" China asks like she's shocked to see me, like I don't still pay every bill in this fucking house.

I push past her, walking inside.

"Red" China calls after me.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I paused the movie because I didn't want you to mis-" The dread head nigga from Dj's basketball game speaks while walking down the stairs shirtless, he stops talking at the sight of me.

I chuckle angrily.

"You fucking this nigga already?" I ask China.

"We been chilling and watching movies, she ain't fuck me" The dread head niggas tells me.

"Was I talking to you?!" I ask him.

"Red" China says.

"Red what?!" I ask trying to control my anger.

"I'm sorry James" China apologizes to the dread head nigga while putting her hand on his chest.

I chuckle angrily.

"I'll come back, let me go get my shirt" James tells China while looking me up and down.

"Fuck you looking at?" I ask him.

He attempts to step towards me but China blocks his path.

"She holding you back to save you, not me my nigga" I tell James incase he's confused.

"James" China says with her hands still on his chest.

He chuckles before jogging up the stairs and I look at China.

She looks at me with an unreadable expression on her face...

James comes back down the stairs with his shirt and shoes on.

"Call me whenever you want me to come back" James tells China before kissing her.

"Okay" China replies softly while nodding.

James reaches into his pocket, pulling out a set of keys.

He sizes me up before leaving the house and I chuckle.

"It took everything in me not to knock that nigga the fuck out" I speak aloud.

China shakes her head

"The fuck you shaking your head for bitch? You've known this nigga for two days and already sucking him up" I tell her.

She scuffs in disbelief "I didn't suck him up"

"Yeah okay" I reply sarcastically.

"I just came to clear the money out my safes" I tell her while removing the living room art from the wall, revealing one of my safes.

"If I did suck him up so what?" China asks boldly.

I chuckle while removing the duffel bag full of money from my safe.

"So you a dumb, hoeing ass bitch" I tell her.

I close the safe and put the picture back on the wall.

"Wearing lingerie and a silk rob to watch movies with a nigga" I continue.

"Why do you care?" China asks with her arms crossed.

"You broke up with me remember? I could suck and fuck anybody I want to. I might just fuck the shit out James tonight and su-" China says but stops talking once I'm in her face.

"Say something else to me 'bout you fucking another nigga and I'm gone knock your teeth out your mouth" I tell her through clinched teeth.

I don't want to hear that shit..

She looks into my eyes fearfully.

Taking a step back, I walk up stairs to clear my other safe.

........
▪️Wheww ! Thanks For Reading XOXO🖤🖤