Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dj (Daniel Jr)

My phone rings for the fifth time waking me out of my sleep..

I rub my eyes, looking toward my phones bright light as it shines in my dark room..

I reach over to my dresser, grabbing my phone.

I squint my eyes, adjusting to the bright screen..

"Hello?" I answer the phone for my dad.

"I need you and Bj to recruit at least two young niggas today. Make sure it's motherfuckers y'all trust and bring them into the trap house so we can start training y'all" My dad tells me.

I take the phone from my ear, checking the time.

"You couldn't have told me this in a few more hours?" I ask my dad, being that it's six AM on a Saturday..

"Nigga money don't sleep" My dad tells me with a chuckle.

"It's time to get this shit moving Dj, find at least two people to start with. You the boss" My dad tells me.

"Okay pops, I'll call you a little later"

"Alright" My dad replies before ending the call.

I instantly fall back to sleep..

.........

"Where you going?" My mom and Dani ask Simultaneously as I walk towards the front door.

I stop in my tracks "To meet up with Bj" I tell them briefly while shrugging my shoulders.

My mom nods "Okay"

I leave the house, closing and locking the door behind me.

As I get into my car my phone begins to ring with a FaceTime call from Summer..

"Hello?" I speak as Summers face appears on the screen.

"Hey" Summer smiles showing her blue braces.

"What's up?" I smile back at her.

"Nothing really. My mom is thinking about making me do homeschooling for the rest of this school year" Summer tells me.

"Homeschooling?!" I ask in shock while cranking my car up.

Summer nods "She's literally meeting up with two possible teachers today, trying to see which one she's going to hire"

"Damn" I say while running my hand across my wavy hair.

"You'll still be able to see me" Summer assures me while moving her long blonde hair from her face.

"I know but why she making you do homeschool?" I ask referring to aunt Lola.

"Something about how she doesn't trust Keisha's mom, Keisha and her mom came to our house last night and things got a bit heated" Summer tells me.

"She doesn't trust Keisha's mom in what way?" I ask still confused.

"I'm not even sure. I just know that Keisha's mom, my mom and aunt China use to be friends" Summer says causing me to raise both of my eyebrows in shock.

"That's crazy but I ain't gone lie bae, I'm gone have to call you back because I'm about to go handle some business" I tell Summer.

"Okay, talk to you later" Summer replies.

"I love you" I tell her.

She smiles "I love you too"

I end the call.

Red

"This shit getting tiring with you Red" Monet tells me over the phone as I count money with my money counter in the trap house.