Chapter Twenty

Dj (Daniel Jr)

Walking into school, I can't stop thinking about what happened to Dani. I just know pops better have killed that nigga..

"Hey Dj" Summer speaks nervously, walking over to me.

She's wearing a blue crop top with ripped denim jeans and blue Tory Burch sandals. She has a white Tory Burch purse over her right shoulder.

"Sup" I reply casually, walking straight past her.

"Dj!" Summer calls after me.

I notice Bj and I dap him up.

"Dj what the fuck did I do to you?" Summer walks up to Bj and I.

"Nothing" I shrug my shoulders,!

'Then why are you acting so weird?" Summer asks, running her fingers through her blonde hair.

"Hey Summer" Someone speaks, getting our attention.

I look, seeing the white boy Summer was talking to by the water fountain the other day.

"Hey Brad" Summer replies.

I mean mug him.

"Sup Dj, you ready for the game this Friday?" Brad asks me like I know him.

I don't respond.

Summer looks at me in confusion then her eyes widen and she smirks.

"What you smirking for?" I ask Summer.

"Nothing" She replies still smirking.

The bell rings and I turn to walk away, only to be yanked back..

"I'm walking to class with you" Summer tells me with a grip on my nike hoodie.

I look into her hazel eyes and she smiles showing her blue braces and deep dimples..

China

Dani and I are sitting in the living room eating breakfast.

I made strawberry pancakes, eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls.

"You want to do something fun today?" I ask Dani.

She's going to her first therapy session tomorrow but in the mean time I don't want her sitting in the house all day wallowing in sadness.

She takes a sip of her orange juice "Yeah, like what?"

"Whatever you want to do" I tell her.

A knock at the door interrupts our conversation.

I walk toward the door, opening it.

Its Brent.

I stare at him in confusion.

"Damn, you ain't happy to see me?" Brent asks me with a smile, showing his VV'S.

I roll my eyes.

"Don't act like that. I missed you" Brent tells me, licking his lips.

"Now isn't the time Brent" I tell him while looking behind me to make sure Dani doesn't see him.

"I just wanted to see your face and make sure you were good, I'll go" Brent tells me while holding his hands up in surrender.

I watch as he backs away with a smile before getting into his Black dually truck and driving off.

I let out a breath, closing the door and walking back into the living room with Dani.

I watch as Dani texts on her phone in a panic.

"You okay?" I ask Dani with Concern.

She shakes her head "I can't contact my mom, I keep calling but she's not picking up" Dani tells me frantically.

"Okay let me call your dad and see if he knows where she is" I tell Dani while picking up my phone to contact Red..

Red

Monet went through my phone while I was sleep and saw a ton of hoes but of course the only bitch she worried about is China..

"I knew you were still fucking with your ex wife, I should've never trusted you" Monet says angrily as I hold her down on the bed.

She was swinging on me.

"Calm the fuck down" I yell as she tries to get out of my grip.

"You tripping" I tell her angrily.

"I'm tripping?" She asks in shock while crying.

"Stop crying, I'm sorry" I tell her, realizing how hurt she actually is.

"You said you loved me" Monet says, continuing to cry.

I sigh "I do love you"

"But you love your ex wife too?" She asks just as my phone starts to ring.

I reach over, grabbing my phone and seeing a call from China.

"Who calling you?" Monet questions.

"My auntie" I tell her while answering Chinas call.

"Hello" I answer the phone.

"Hey, Dani is about to have a major panic attack. I need you over here now" China tells me.

"What's going on?" I ask, releasing Monet and standing up.

"She can't contact Skittles and she keeps calling" China answers causing me to swallow a lump in my throat.

"I'm on my way" I end the call.'

......

Pulling up to Chinas house, I ring the doorbell.

A few seconds later, China opens the door.

I walk inside, closing the door behind myself.

"Where's mom?" Dani asks me teary eyed while Skittles voicemail plays on her phone.

I furrow my eyebrows in sadness.

"Your mama died in a car crash last night baby girl" I lie to Dani with sincerity in my voice.

She stares at me in disbelief before breaking down in tears...

"No!" Dani yells hysterically.

China instantly holds and comforts her.

I sigh..

Dj (Daniel Jr)

Walking out of the school with Bj, I hear Keisha yell my name causing me to turn around.

"Dj!" Keisha yells running over to me with Summer right on her trail.

I furr my eyebrows in confusion.

"Dj, Are you and Summer dating?" Keisha asks sounding like she's out of breath.

I look at Summer and she palms her face in embarrassment.

"Something like that" I tell Keisha causing Summer to look at me in happy shock.

"I mean, Summer clearly likes me and I think I like her too.." I continue while smiling at Summer.

Keisha crosses her arms with a stink face.

"Oh" Keisha says blankly

........
◾The first update was a draft lol sorry for confusing yall.
◾ Updating Asap, Thanks for reading XOXO🖤