Chapter Seven

The next day..

Red

"Thank you so much dad" Dani gives me a hug.

We spent a few hours together. Catching up, shopping and she got a new all black G-wagon.

I smile "You're welcome baby girl"

She pulls out her iPhone 14, taking pictures of us for the thousandth time today but I don't mind..

"See you later dad, I can't wait to show mama my new car" Dani tells me as she walks away.

"Yeah, please go show her" I tell Dani with a chuckle.

She laughs while getting into her car.

Turning to my front door, I take a deep breath before walking inside.

I have to tell Dj that me and China splitting up.

"I'm wearing this sweater because I'm cold and it's cute" I hear China speak as I walk into the house.

"So turn the heater up, it's only cold because you got the AC on" Dj tells China.

"& since when do you wear all that make up?" Dj continues.

I walk around the corner, getting their attention.

"Hey pops, Dani sent me pictures of her G-wagon" Dj tells me with a smile.

"It's nice as fuck, ain't it?" I ask Dj.

He nods "For real for real"

"Let me talk to you right quick son" I tell Dj, motioning him and China looks at me..

Dj and I step outside into the backyard and I slide the patio door close.

"What's up pops?" Dj rubs his right hand over his waves.

"Your mama and I are splitting up" I tell him getting straight to the point.

He looks at me with sadness in his green eyes..

"She keeping the house. I already bought a new one and I'm moving my shit out today. You got a car so you'll be able to see both of us whenever you please." I continue, trying to hide the emotion in my face..

He nods "Why y'all splitting up?"

"It's nobodies fault, we just not seeing eye to eye" I lie while angrily licking my lips.

Dj looks around like he's trying to make sure no one's listening..

"Is it because she's messing with uncle Brent?" He asks causing my eyes to widen a little bit then I furr my eyebrows.

"What?" I ask while looking at him in disbelief.

How he know that ?

"Is it because she's messing with uncle Brent?" He repeats the question.

"Where you got that from?" I ask him nonchalantly.

"I heard mama and uncle Brent talking on FaceTime that day we spent the day together after tryouts, He told her oh so it's fuck me now that Red home? & he said come over here right now before I spaz out and not care what happens or something like that" Dj tells me nervously.

"You ain't got to be nervous, it's ok" I assure him while nodding.

He nods

"What your mama said when he told her to come over?" I ask Dj curiously.

"That she was coming.." He tells me.

I angrily chuckle.

"Let's go inside, keep this conversation between us and I don't want you looking at your mama no differently" I tell Dj.

He nods "I still love her, Mama know I'd die about her" He tells me with sincerity in his voice.

I nod "I would too" I tell him.

I open the patio door and we walk inside the house...

........
▪️Next chapter gone be longer I promise, Thanks for Reading XOXO 🖤🖤🖤