Chapter Fifteen

Red

Laying in bed with China, she lays on my chest teary eyed.

"I miss him Red" China cries, referring to Dj.

"It's gone be okay baby, there's men on every block looking for Marco and Dj" I rub her back.

"I promise i'm gone find him and bring him home" I tell her.

My phone starts to ring.

I pick my phone up, seeing no caller ID..

"Hello?" I answer the phone.

"Its really you. The notorious Daniel Wright better know as Red" An unfamiliar male voice speaks.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"Who is this?" I ask confused.

"Don't worry about all that just know that I have your son" He tells me.

"Marco" I speak angrily and everything goes quiet..

"Yeah I know who you are nigga. Your best bet is to let my son go and I might let you live" I tell him with a chuckle.

"How about you give me a million dollars or I shoot your son right now" Marco tells me.

"Pops!" I hear Djs voice.

"Dj!" I shout causing Chinas eyes to widen.

I put the phone on speaker.

"Pops you got to come get me man" Dj tells me.

"I'm coming son, I swear I am" I tell Dj.

"A million dollars or He's dead" Marco says giving me an ultimatum.

"Pops he got a gun to my head man!" Dj tells me causing my heart rate to speed up.

China starts to cry.

"You pushing it Marco, I said I might let you live but now I'm thinking I should kill you first quarter" I tell him.

He chuckles..

"I'm going to send you my wire information for the money, send it and I'll release your son" Marco tells me.

Damn I was hoping this nigga wanted it in cash so I could kill him..

"Alright" I comply.

A million dollars ain't shit when it comes to my sons life.

Marco hangs up the phone..

...........

"It's been two hours since you've sent the money" China tells me like I don't already know that.

"What if he doesn't let Dj go?" China question.

The front door opens before I could respond and Dj walks into the house.

"Dj" China yells running over to him and pulling him into a big hug.

I take a sigh of relief.

"You okay?" I ask Dj

He nods "Marco let me go a few hours ago but I had to stop by the hospital and get stitches on my head" Dj tells me while turning around to show me the back of his head.

"What happened?" China questions.

"I went to go buy some weed from Marco and when I got there some unfamiliar nigga opened the door. Soon as I walked in, he hit me in the back of my head and everything went black. I woke up tied to a chair in a room that smelt like fish and black n' milds" Dj tells China.