Chapter Twenty-four

Summer

"Mom please come pick me up from the mall" I cry frantically while on the phone with my mom.

"What's going on, why are you crying?" My mom questions with concern in her voice.

"Mom please just come get me!" I continue, not wanting to explain.

"I'm on my way. Stay on the phone" My mom tells me.

"Okay" I cry.

I can't believe Keisha would do something like that.. I thought she was my best friend.

"Summer!" I hear Dj yell causing me to lower my phone and look around..

"Summer!" Dj repeats then his BMW comes into view.

I watch as he gets out of his car, walking over to me.

God, he's so cute..

"I got your shopping bags" Dj tells me as he sits next to me on the mall bench.

"Thanks" I wipe my tears.

There's a moment of silence.

"I didn't mean to make you cry" Dj tells me with sincerity in his voice.

"But I can't let you play in my face like that, you at the mall with the next nigga when you're my girlfriend. How you think that made me feel?" Dj questions.

"I wasn't at the mall with anyone but Keisha. She called those dudes over to us and when I tried to tell the dread head one that I had a boyfriend Keisha cut me off and told him to sit down, after that she walked away. He was sitting at the table talking to himself, I barely said a word because I was truly uninterested" I tell Dj honestly.

He nods, looking like he's thinking..

"Keisha a snake, that hoe is not your friend and if you want to be with me then you cannot hang out with her" Dj says giving me an ultimatum.

I nod "Okay"

There's another moment of silence..

"I'm sorry for talking to you like that, I was so mad" Dj tells me while running his right hand over his wavey hair.

"I forgive you" I tell him with a small smile.

He looks into my eyes, placing an unexpected kiss onto my lips and it feels like fireworks are exploding in my body..

"Let's go, I'll drive you home" Dj tells me causing my eyes to widen because I forgot my mom was on the phone and on her way to pick me up..

Putting the phone to my ear, I speak "Hello?"

"Yes?" My mom asks

"I don't need you to pick me up anymore, Dj is bringing me home" I answer

"Okay, I'll turn around. See you when you get home" My mom replies before ending the call.

Dj and I stand up, getting into his car.

Red

I had my white boy do some research on Skittles and turns out she has 2 estranged sisters..

One named Latasha and the other one named Lakeisha.

I'm at Latashas apartment now, knocking on the door...

"Red?" Latasha asks at the sight of me.

I've never seen her a day in my life but she knows me?

"Hey, you're Skittles sister Latasha right?" I ask while looking her up and down.

She nods "What's going on?"

"I need to talk to you for a second" I tell her while running my right hand over my waves.

"Come on in" Latasha says while moving aside and letting me into her small apartment.

I notice little lines of cocaine on her living room table.

Perfect...

"You do coke?" I ask while raising an eyebrow.

She begins to sniffle and wipe her nose. "Sometimes"

I nod "I got the purest coke in Cali" I tell her causing her eyes to widen.

"I could keep your supply full if you do something for me" I continue.

She instantly gets on to her knees in front of me, grabbing my belt buckle.

"Woah, hold on baby" I tell her while politely moving her hands from my pants.

She stands up in confusion "What?"

"That's not what I want you to do" I tell her..

.........

China

I watch as Dani cries on the phone with her grandma.

"I love you too" Dani says before putting her phone down.

She looks at me.

"Turns out my mom is dead.. Apparently after her car crash no one could get in touch with my grandma so they contacted my mom's drug addict big sister Latasha and she took it upon herself to have my mom cremated." Dani says while shaking her head and wiping her tears.

I shake my head "Wow"

"I'm going to call my dad and let him know that he can stop looking for her now" Dani tells me while slowly walking up the stairs

I nod..

Red

I just got off the phone with Dani.

"Boss, I've been thinking" Fredo tells me as we smoke a backwood in my office.

"About what?" I ask while raising an eyebrow.

"We getting old, what happens when we can't do this shit no more. When it's time for us to retire?" Fredo asks.

I furrow my eyebrows "Y'all niggas better have saved up enough money over the years to be straight after this shit"

He shakes his head "That's not what I mean, I mean who's going to take over.. We getting old, we need to get some young niggas in here now and train them to be the next generation" Fredo says causing my eyes to widen.

He's right...

..........
◾Short chapter
◾Updating asap! Thanks for reading XOXO 🖤