Chapter Fifty-One

China

"Dj admitted to doing what?" Poncho comes out of nowhere.

I jump in fear because I didn't know he had walked up behind me.

Turning around I see Poncho. He's wearing a black tee shirt with grey joggers and his long dreads are in a man bun.

"Poncho" Lola puts her hand on his chest.

Poncho pushes her hand away.

"Dj hit Summer?" Poncho raises an eyebrow and the side of his mouth twitches.

"I handled it" Lola assures him.

"Handled it how?!" Poncho yells causing both Lola and I to jump.

"By hiding it from me?" He continues.

"I hid it from you because I didn't want to put you in a compromising position" Lola explains.

Poncho furrows his eyebrows "A compromising position?"

Lola nods "You and Red are business partners. I didn't want-"

"Man fuck that shit!" Poncho cuts her off "What the fuck kind of nigga do you think I am?"

"I'm gone go to war for y'all against whoever" Poncho raises his voice.

Lola sighs "I know that. I promise you I do but I didn't want it to get that far"

The fire alarm starts to beep.

"Oh shit" Lola runs over to the stove.

She grabs a kitchen cloth and begins to fan the smoke coming from the stove.

"What happened?" Summer runs into the kitchen.

"I was talking and forgot I had food on the stove. It's okay" Lola keeps fanning the smoke.

After a few minutes the fire alarm stops beeping.

There's a moment of silence.

"Summer, go back upstairs so we can talk. Order a pizza too" Lola tells Summer, motioning for her to leave the kitchen.

Summer does as told, going back upstairs...

"What the fuck possessed that lil nigga to put his hands on my daughter?" Poncho looks back and forth between Lola and I.

Although I know the answer I decide to keep quiet..

"I don't know, Summer wouldn't tell me" Lola answers.

"Dj didn't tell me either" I lie.

"Man" Poncho stretches the N.

"How did you handle it, besides hiding it from me?" Poncho looks at Lola.

"I made her cut off all contact with Dj" Lola answers.

Poncho squints his eyes and furrows his eyebrows like he's thinking.

"She was just on the phone with Dj earlier today" Poncho points over his shoulder with his thumb.

Lola sighs "I know, it didn't last long. She loves him"

"That girl don't know what love is" Poncho scuffs.

"You're right but she doesn't understand that" Lola looks into his eyes.

There's a moment of silence...

"Look, I know there's nothing I can say to fix this but Dj is very remorseful and he really doesn't want to lose Summer" I break the silence.

My phone starts to ring with a FaceTime from Red..

"I have to get home" I stop the ringer on my phone.

"Thank you for apologizing" Lola gives me a weak smile "I'll call you"

I nod before leaving their house.

Red

"What that nigga think he gone check Dj or something?" I sit up in bed.

China just told me what happened at Lola's house.

"No" China shakes her head "Well I'm not sure"

"You better get sure real fast" I tell her before I make any erratic decisions.

"He said he would go to war with whoever behind his family or something like that" China says.

"I can respect that because right or wrong I'm gone go to war with whoever behind mine too" I shrug

"But what I can't respect is a nigga that old trying my son. He better handle that shit within his family, keep summer away or something but checking my kid is not an option." I speak sternly.

China nods.

..................

Dj (Daniel Jr)

"Y'all niggas ready to go back to school?" Voc chuckles

The whole gang at the trap house just chilling.

I suck my teeth "Hell no"

"Glad I graduated" Voc takes a puff of one of the blunts being passed around.

We got three in rotation.

"Hell yeah, be very glad" Bj tells him.

"That school shit lame" Frank chimes in.

"Especially when you really getting money" I agree "But my mom still wants me to go to college"

"Mine too" Voc tells me "I got two scholarships for basketball but-"

I cut him off "Nigga you better go"

"That's a big opportunity" I take a puff of the backwood.

He nods "I'm already knowing but they aren't full ride scholarships. They only cover half of the expenses"

"As good as you are on the court, they should've given you a full ride" I shake my head.

There's a moment of silence..

"I'm gone talk to my pops about your situation" I tell Voc "See if we can pay the rest of your way through school"

His eyes widen "You for real?"

I nod "Hell yeah, I wouldn't play about some shit like that"

Voc smiles "Thanks man and I still want my spot in the gang. I can trap and play ball"

"Bet" I reply.

My phone starts to ring with a FaceTime call from Summer.

"Hello" I answer immediately.

Summers face pops up on my screen.

"I just wanted to see your face" Summer smiles

I smile.

Standing up, I walk away from the gang going into my office.

"Dj" Summer speaks.

"What's up?" I sit in my chair.

"You promise you won't hit me again?" Summer questions.

I nod "I swear"

Summer sighs in relief.

"Okay because my dad said next time there won't be any peace" She tells me.

"I understand" I take another puff of my blunt.

......................
▪️I think I'll do about twenty more chapters on this book before ending it.
▪️Thanks for reading XOXO.