Chapter Eight

Dj (Daniel Jr)

Watching the movers move my dads things into the fifth and final moving truck, I sigh.

"You okay?" My dad playfully pushing my shoulder.

I nod "I'm good"

"Ride with me to my new house. You gone like it" He tells me.

"Alright" I reply while following him to his car.

I see my mom standing by the front door with an unreadable expression on her face..

I look at dad and he's looking at her..

They stare at each-other for a few more seconds before pops looks away, getting into the car.

Red

China want to stand at the door looking sad and shit like this ain't her fucking fault.

I wanted to slap her ass right there..

Dj connects his phone to the Bluetooth in my car, playing music.

"Get close up on him, you know that shit be graphic. You got to pop out with that rachet, you know this shit get tragic and you can't fumble with that stick, you know this shit ain't madden. All that shit you did in the streets, you know that shit gone vanish. Yeah, I pop these pills they try to read my thoughts and you can't dig back in your past cause you got time you lost and make that time up for your kids cause you know that time ain't bought" Dj raps along to lil durks song Viral Moment.

After about twenty more minutes, we pull up to my new house.

I see the movers walking in and out, doing their job.

"This bigger than the other house" Dj tells me as we get out of the car.

I smirk "I had to upgrade"

We walk into the house and I begin to rub my hands together like bird man.

My phone starts to ring.

I look at my Apple Watch, seeing that it's Fredo.

"What's up?" I speak answering the call.

"Aye gang, we need you at the trap house" Fredo tells me.

I hear a lot of commotion in the background.

"What's going on?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Niggas tripping" Fredo says, not telling me shit.

"I'm on my way" I end the call.

I look at Dj

"You want to come with me or the trap got you traumatized?" I chuckle.

He chuckles "I'll come"

I nod while walking out of the house and he follows.

"If I don't make it back before y'all done, lock up for me" I semi shout to Joe, one of the movers.

"Alright Daniel" Joe replies while getting another box out of the truck and carrying it into the house.