Chunnin exams pt.1

I won't lie, I plan on doing the slowest of slow burns this is me giving a warning. I deeply apologize! Btw yes there will be romance and dates and kisses, but confessions will wait until after the Akatsuki arc, and even then Mc will likely have horrible insecurities because Mc feels they don't deserve love and as such will be saying things like 'later, once everyone's safe.' But each arc starts right after the last so no one's safe.
____________________________________

Once we had made it back to the Konoha I went to make my report. I didn't let Sasuke carry me further then a few meters which seemed to make him a little mad for some reason, Shisui explained it as, and I quote, "Us Uchiha hate owing people debts." Which I didn't understand much but I wasn't going to question it. I mean I don't see the issue with owing someone when you never asked for the favor. The boys teamwork had gotten horrendous and Sakura wasn't helping in that aspect at all.
We had been asked to meet on one of the bridges but we all knew Kakashi would be late. Sitting on the rail I stretched. I had stayed with the Nara's the night before and got my weekly dose of cuddles from Maru.
"You three know he'll be late." I chuckled.
"Ah be quiet (Y/N)!" Sakura huffed.
"Hey that's not nice I'm your teammate. Even Maru knows better. But Maru knows everything." I shrugged.
"Maru? Who's that?"
"A good friend of mine." I smiled at Naruto's question.
"You have friends that aren't us or weird ghosts?!" Sakura gasped in shock.
Rolling my eyes I laughed. "Yep, Marus been my friend since I was about uh, 7? Give or take. Hard to remember."
Looking up as I sensed Kakashi I waved.
"Hey guys, good morning. Sorry I'm late I got lost on the road of life."
"I'm ready for the next ninja mission sensei!" Naruto seemed excited, good kid deserves it. "And hey! No more of this dumb beginner stuff okay?! I wanna chance to prove myself! I'm talkin a real mission where I can show what I'm made of! I'm burning up see?!" Nevermind, he's overzealous.
"Uhhh, right, well, that's great Naruto now take it easy will you?"
Hopping of the rail I stretched yawning again. "Let us know when you're done fantasizing Naruto so we can start the mission?"
"Okay! All done!"
"Could you not be so annoying for a while?!"
"And talk like that, is not how teammates talk." I sighed shaking my head, chuckling at Shisui who facepalmed.

Our first mission of the day was pulling weeds, which Naruto ultimately messed up by pulling up all the ladies herbs.

Our second mission picking up trash from the river, to which I decided to do smartly and, used a clone.
And Naruto messed that one up by slipping and falling.

The fourth was one I enjoyed, walking some Dogs. Nice and peaceful especially since they listen so well. And Naruto who had chosen the biggest one got dragged around.

After that we all walked through town, and I was carrying Naruto. "Gonna, choose the biggest one again?"
"Shut uppp..." he whined weakly.
"Seems we're not making a lot of progress on the teamwork thing." Kakashi sighed
"That's right! Our teamwork's all messed up and it's because of you Sasuke!" Naruto yelled.
"Actually Naruto, I'm sorry to say it but you are also at fault."
"Wh-what?! No I'm not!"
"Naruto, competition is fine but not everything is a competition."
Small Timeskip
Having been summoned by the Hokage I stood in the middle of Asuma and Kakashi. In my Anbu form.
"I have summoned you for a very important purpose. Seeing your fellow Jounin here I'm sure you realize what this is about."
"So soon? I thought we'd have a little more time." Kakashi spoke softly.
"I take it all the other lands have been notified about the coming event, I've already seen some of their genin arrived here in the village." As he spoke I slipped my hand into his out of instinct. Asuma-Chan was one of the people I'd go with to be a child if Shikaku was busy. Although Asuma-Chan and me mostly sparred. Feeing him softly squeeze my hand I smiled behind my mask.
"And? When do we start?" Kurenai asked.
"We will begin in one week."
"That's pretty short notice."
"Take heed. Exactly seven days from today. On the first day of July the genin will be gathered and the Chunnin exams will begin." Oh shit, it's close to my birthday then! "Only the very best will be selected as Chunnin."