The third Hokage, forever..

Shisui had suddenly appeared in front of Shikamaru. "They asked for you before they went dark." At that Shikamaru looked over at the teenage ghost, before going wide eyed taking (Y/N) out of his arms. "Hey hey atlas?"
"Hm..." they barely responded to him snuggling further into his warmth. "...Maru... wan... Maru..."
"I'm here Atlas. I'm here." The boy looked up at the teen who was standing watch. "What caused this?"
"I honestly have no idea. They just... blanked. Their self healing is way slower then normal as well. I'm suspecting chakra depletion on top of just stress. I go with them on most of their missions and I can see why it stresses them out." Shisui sighed. "Their to nice for anbu."
"How do you know their?"
"Dude. I'm a ghost. I'm privy to everything." He shrugged. "Calmed them down from a few panic attacks but they equally need you."
At that Shikamaru looked at the shaking person in his lap, gently moving their hair out of their face. "Of course they do. I've been their friend for years." He spoke softly before laying back against a tree. Holding them close, he yawned. "This is a drag. I wanted to relax today."
"Im sure you still can." Shisui shrugged. "I'll keep watch."
"Maru..." they shook softly, "..wanna retire.."

Timeskip
Waking up I sighed, leaning closer to Shisui. I had placed a large chunk of my chakra in him a few days ago and it had yet to wear off. "The.. the funerals today isn't it?"
"Yep. Todays the funeral." He rubbed my hand softly, pulling me closer. Thank Kami for equally physically affectionate friends. I snuggled further into his hold before standing. "Okay. Let's get ready Shi."
"Of course." He went and grabbed the black set of clothes I got for him.
"I'm.. I'm not gonna be there be there. I'm on watch duty so." I held up my mask weakly laughing. "Watching over to make sure nothing happens. Tell... tell my squad I'm sorry."
"Of course Pretty. Anything for you." He went to go change, me doing the same sighing softly. I had just accepted Asuma-Chans wish to adopt me and this happened. 'I knew it. I'm cursed. I just want a family is that so bad?!' My thoughts were spiraling which is never good.
"I'll-ill see you there Shi!" I called out before disappearing. I got there early, on purpose so I could pay my respects. I knew that now my mission load would be way higher and I'd barely be in the village. Standing by the yet to be filled grave I shook softly.
"You can cry." I jolted softly turning towards the voice. "You can cry Rabbit."
"Iruka." I shook harder, "it's. It's my fault."
"How is it your fault Rabbit?" He asked me softly.
"I'm cursed. I-I'm cursed." I shook harder, removing my mask from my face. "I-I am cursed. With every family I join someone dies." I sniffled softly. "I came to him for help and now he's dead because of me." Jolting when Iruka hugged me softly I tensed, before the tears fell silently. "I don't think it's your fault Rabbit."
"Are-are you ever gonna use my name?"
"When your in uniform no. I understand having to keep a low profile."
"Iruka can I ask you a question?"
"Of course. Ask away."
"Why... why does it feel like I'm just gonna get hurt no matter what I do?"
"Because for all your life your actions have lead to bad outcomes right? Or at least they have in your mind." Nodding I looked up at him. "You're always waiting for the other shoe."
"But there's barely ever another show anymore."
"That still doesn't change the fact that you're waiting for one."
"I- okay I guess? I don't know." I shrugged before pulling away. "I-I'm gonna return your jacket by the way. And-and treat you to ramen for the helpful talk."
"There's no need." He laughed shaking his head slightly.
"I wanna, so I'm gonna do it."
"Okay Rabbit," he pat my back smiling, "you do that. Now people are gonna start showing up soon so get to work."
"I will. And uh, Iruka? Thank you."
"It's no problem."
With that I disappeared to the nearest high up place and hide my chakra. As people showed up I saw my teammates arrive all together and silent. Luckily Shisui was with them a silent hand on their shoulder. Wiping away my tears I stared at Asuma and Lil Maru. I'd love to go stand with them but I'm on guard duty.
"We are gathered here not only to remember and honor the third Hokage but all those who sacrificed themselves in this battle. So that our village would survive."
Seeing Lil Maru cry I fought against every urge in my body to go down there and hug him. He lost someone he loved today. Seeing Iruka comfort him made me stop and calm down and I continued my watch. Jumping down beside Asuma when he placed his flower I nudged his shoulder softly. "I-I'm so sorry..." I spoke softly.
"His death is not your fault." He hugged me softly for a second before walking back to his spot as I went back to my tree. For my own flower I waited until everyone else was gone to place it. I went straight home after.

Almost two weeks later, after Naruto had brought home the fifth Hokage, I looked up and saw a summoning crow. Seems Danzo was already starting my missions for the day. Getting to him quickly I linked a string to Shisui just so he could find me, just in case something happened, like I had been for each meeting with Danzo.
"Yes lord Danzo?" I bowed my head low.
"Rabbit." The creepy old man walked towards me. "Are there any ghosts here?"
Looking up I activated my Kanzeigan scanning the room I shook my head no. Suddenly jolting in pain when one of his fingers sunk past my eye. Shunshinning back I stumbled feeling blood leak. Sending the pain I felt through the string I knew it was only a matter of time until Shisui showed up, hopefully with anbu black op officials.
"Lord-Lord Danzo?" I kept trying to dodge his attacks, deactivating my Kanzeigan so he couldn't get it. "Why are you?"
"You plan to retire. Give me your eyes and you can."
"I-I- what?!" I refused to pull a weapon, that would be treason, and I am not going to do treason. Teleporting out of the room I started to run as fast as possible, but his three best were after me, Dolphin, Ox, and Bear. Sending panic through the connection to Shi I continued to dodge everything they threw at me. Now that Danzo was after me I'd have to leave. Luckily lord third had it in writing that anytime I wanted I could take leave outside the village. Spotting Shisui rushing towards me I sped up, grabbing his hand I teleported into my house. "Pack things. Only what's needed. We gotta move. And we're taking Sasuke. Danzo will want him as well. I'm gonna send them on a chase, do you know how to send things through the string?" I spawned three shadow clones, sending them off.
"I can figure it out." He looked worried. "Don't die okay? This is what happened to me."
"Figured," I grimaced. "I heard Sasuke left the village so he might still be gone, find him and convince him. An-and I need to drop a note off to Asuma-Chan and Lady Hokage, so they don't assume I'm abandoning the village and kidnapping Sasuke, and asking them to keep it an s-rank secret."
"Of course." He smiled sadly before looking up. "Go, I'll pack."
"Thanks Shi. Thank you." Writing my note for Asuma-Chan I dropped it off with Shikamaru before I made my way to the Hokage office. Once I got there I didn't bow. "Lady Hokage. I respect immediate leave for a few years, outside of the village. As I wish to train Sasuke Uchiha."
"Do so in the village."
"I cannot, what I wish to teach him is located in my hometown."
"Shigakure... I see. How long would this take?"
"Three years at the least. Longer if it takes extra time. I'll send updates regularly."
"You are to take one other person with you two."
"Already got someone chosen,"
"Good. Then go."
"And-and I request that this be an s-rank secret."
"Why is that?"
"Orochimaru is after Sasuke. If only a few people know where he is he's less likely to know."
"I see, that makes sense."
"So please, allow that."
"Yes of course. Go before I change my mind."
"Yes Lady Tsunade!" I bowed quickly before leaving, opening beyond hope my clones had distracted the three enough for us to leave the village. Taking on a new form and hiding my chakra I speed walked towards the gate entrance. Seeing the two Uchihas there I rushed forward. "Let's go. Now. My clones will not stay here for long."
"Let's go then." Sasuke spoke. "Shisui said you're leaving and only he can fully teach me the Sharingan."
"Well it's true kiddo." He smirked. "And where Pretty here goes I go."
"Come on, we can talk when we're in Shigakure." At that I lead us out. Looking back slightly I sent a silent apology to my friends.