Chapter 7

"Barone", I think I've heard it somewhere but don't remember where and the way he said his name I have a feeling that his family is well known; well, except me

"Barone", I think I've heard it somewhere but don't remember where and the way he said his name I have a feeling that his family is well known; well, except me. So, I just hummed. " What time we arrive last night here?" He asked "I think it was around two. Why?" I counter questioned him. In reply he just shake his head and I didn't asked further. "Are you hungry? You only had soup in afternoon plus you need to take your pain meds again." "Sure" he replied.

" Are you allergic to something?" "Yes, mushrooms" he replied. "Me too!!" I said in very little voice but I think he heard me because he was now looking at me. " Are you okay with sandwiches?" I asked after looking into my fridge. "Yup" was only answer that I got. So, with that I started preparing for the Cucumber Sandwich that is my quick go to. So I got Alfalfa sprouts, Avocado, Cucumber, lettuce,  Pepperoncini, tomato and cream cheese from the fridge and sliced everything accordingly. Then I got Olive oil, Red wine vinegar and mixed cream cheese in it to prepare a spread that will go on the
2 thick slices of bread that I baked yesterday and stacked the veggies in layers.

 Then I got Olive oil, Red wine vinegar and mixed cream cheese in it to prepare a spread that will go on the 2 thick slices of bread that I baked yesterday and stacked the veggies in layers

Then I quickly got some fruits out of the fridge and made fresh juice also with beet, parsley, carrots, watermelon and little lime and salt and blend it in the blender. Once everything was done I put it in the tray and took it in living room for him.

As Edwaldo saw food he jumped but hissed immediately "be careful!! Goddess I'm bringing it to you only. Also stop jumping like a rabbit you might have broken or bruised ribs so be gentle with the injuries" I spoke in little harsh tone and set the tray in his lap but kept looking at me like I have two heads. So, it stop him starting at me I cleared my throat to grab his attention.

As he saw food in his lap he hurriedly stared heating at as if I haven't eaten anything in days which could be true also as the ones who left him to death they might have had him from few days.

"Wow, this is soo soo soo good. What have you added in it." "Just veggies " I replied and he looked at me as if I was lying. But he kept on munching his food and within 2 minutes he was done with two sandwiches. I on the other hand, have just finished my first bite. He kept looking at me and I got it that he was still hungry so I took the second sandwich from my plate and placed it in his. He smiled with an appreciation towards me and I felt a bubble of happiness in my heart.

Is this how you feel when you share something with family or friends? Is this how you feel when you take care of someone and they show their appreciation. Is it? How would an orphan can know this? It had been around a decade, when I used to had these feelings but now I'm not even sure how those emotions and feelings affect you. I just shook my head to clear my thoughts not now Hazel, not now.

When I looked at Edwaldo he just finished his glass of juice and placed it on the tray. I took his tray and mine to the kitchen I was not in mood to eat now. Then I passed him some pain meds with water and let him have it. After that I took the first aid box to change his dressing. I took his hand and placed it on the cushion that was in my lap and undressed it and redressed it after applying some ointment. I did the same with other once too that were on his face, arms, neck, chest and shoulders. When I saw his ribs they were in bad shape and it got me worried now.

" Edwaldo, we need to get your rib's checked I have a bad feeling that they might be broken" I kept looking at them. "Don't worry it's not the first time I broke my bone" he replied calmly. I took a deep breath and nodded. " Do you want anything else or want to lay down?" " I'm fine for now" he said.

"Can I ask you something?" He questioned. Yeah... " I don't want to be rude but how do you afford this much" he said while looking around my home. " I'm very curious "
I work... I just replied.
Where?.... he again questioned
Bakery.....
And you are able to afford all this from bakery pay?....
Sort of....
Oh come on.... you can tell me ... plus it not that I will go around and tell others.....

I rolled my eyes at his childishness.
"Coding" I just replied, then his face expression was priceless as if he couldn't believe his ears for what they heard.
"Coding!!! As in programming!!!! On the computer!!!! Hold on, how old are you? 14."

Okay now I'm very sure that he did hut his head bad when someone threw him on the road. " first, I'm 16; second, yes I do the programming and third, stop reacting like a 7 year old." As I said that my phone started ringing.
"Holy macrons!!" It's Jane, I forgot to call her she's gonna kill me now. I Iooked at the 7 year old man and signaled him to stay quite.
"Hello... hey Jane!
Don't hey me young lady... where are you? And why haven't you replied me yet? Hmm... it's been almost 7 hours that I texted you.
I'm so sorry Jane, I saw your text me I woke up but decided to call you after eating something but I didn't realized when I dozed off.. I soo soo soo sorry...
Fine... but how are you now? Did you took any medicine?
Yes Jane I did... I'm better now don't worry... okay?
Okay... are you coming back tomorrow?
Yes.... I'll see you tomorrow.
Okay ... and take a day off tomorrow as well and don't say you don't need because you do .... on second thought take the weekend off I'm missing my grandkids so I can also get a chance to see them this way.
Umm.... okay then I guess I'll see you on Monday then?
Yes... you to care sweetheart.
Hmm.. you too, bye."