Chapter 36

Life sometimes feel like a roller coaster ride that I really don't want to hop on but by destiny have decided it for me beforehand

Life sometimes feel like a roller coaster ride that I really don't want to hop on but by destiny have decided it for me beforehand. Past three to four days have been like that for me.

Lorenzo opened the door for me being a gentleman, I thanked him and entered inside. Last two times when I came to this place it was a different feeling but now knowing the truth, my feelings are different. I want to know what they think or feel about me? I feel a little conscious about this whole meeting thing now. I fixed the laptop on my shoulder and kept walking inside the house. As I walk closer to the living room I hear a lot of chatter going on. Is the house on fire? I tend to ask myself only but I guess I was loud enough for Lorenzo to hear as well.
"Even I don't know but let's look inside to find the answer."
We both looked inside and boy this house was really on fire. Helpers taking some stuff somewhere. Nana giving orders to the cooks. Gabs yelling at someone on the phone. Santino and Nonno talking with each other may be something about work. We both walked in and then as if some pressed a pause button on all of them from what ever they were doing and started looking at us.
"Wow !!! That is definitely not at all awkward"
"I agree"
"Why in the flipping hell they are looking at us like a child who looks at the caddy in the candy store."
"Hmm... well hope they better stop eye-licking the candy then."
"Eye-licking, is that even a word?"
"May be or not but let's free them from this spell or otherwise I'm definitely going to run back to the same door we entered."
"Count me in."
"Well, I bought your guest here, now it's your turn to look after her." Lorenzo said it aloud for them to break out of their "spell" and make this situation less awkward.
"Oh my dear." Nana came running towards me on 100km per hour..... kidding but when she hugged me this time I feel like different. This whole thing was different.
"With whose permission did you go back? Didn't you know that you are still not healed. Don't you dare do it again or I'll get my rolling pin this time to teach you a lesson. Am I clear?"
Wow.... what got her pants twisted? I guess I better not piss her off if I want her to stay on my side.
"Sorry nana, it won't happen again. I promise."
After that we both went towards nonno and he too hugged me. "It's good to have you back kiddo."
I just nodded in reply. I don't know why but this time my emotions are taking toll on me which is not a good thing. I looked towards Santino to find him already looking at me so to not make things difficult for both of us right now I just nodded my head to say a silent hello. Which he replied in same way.
"Hazel, cara, have you eaten something?"
"Umm... I had a little snack before coming here."
"Then you must be hungry. I'll ask the cook to get something ready for you to eat."
"Sure, thanks nana."
"Let's go and sit till they sets the table." Gabrielle said
I followed them and was about to sit when my phone rang. This is strange.... no one call me on this no except Jane but she's at the bakery. I took out the phone from my back pocket of my jeans and looked at the screen. It was some unknown number, I picked it and some women spoke on other line.
"Hello, Am I speaking to Ms. Hazel?"
"Yes, whose this?"
"Ma'am we are calling from Victoria Hospital. You had come in here few days ago die to an injury in your arm."
"Yes, yes I did."
"Actually I'm calling regarding your appointment tomorrow that you have with Dr. Lucas. Unfortunately, we have to reschedule it for some other day, Dr. Lucas is not available tomorrow due to personal reasons."
"Ummm, firstly, I didn't even know about that and secondly, I guess I'll be fine without the rescheduling it."
"Okay, sure ma'am. Alright then you have a good day."
"Yes, you too."

I hung that phone and Santino spoke right away "what happened?"
"Did book me any appointments with the doctor that day at hospital?"
"No, I didn't. Was that the call from hospital?"
"Yeah, they told me that I had appointments with that Dr. Lucas tomorrow but it's canceled now."
"Did you tell them that you were not aware of it."
"Yes nonno, but it strange how can they book a follow up appointment without telling it to patient."
I was talking to nonno when I saw from the corner of my eyes that Santino gave a slight head nod to Lorenzo and after few minutes he excused himself from us and went somewhere. That's odd.

By the time dining table was set, all the boys were here including my father. It sounds so unrealistic for me that I'm calling someone father. My biological father. He entered the room with his eyes on phone, he looked up for a second looked around and when he saw me he smiled a little and then back to his phone. Something is off, I can sense it. There is some tension in the room which I can definitely feel it. Also, when father ended the room his eyes were bloodshot red. As we started our lunch I kept glancing at him from time to time. He didn't even said a single word for whole time and kept looking his eyes at his food. He didn't even looked at me for once. I was now sure that something have happened which was serious. There was a little talk in between but that was mostly Lorenzo and Nana. I feel like I'm gonna choke on my food if sat there for single more second.

So, I decided to tell them that I'm going to rest because my arm is hurting. Believing that everyone agreed with me and Achille came with me in the room to give me the medicines and didn't said much just that he's happy that I'm back and then went out of the room. I took the medication and went in washroom to freshen up before going taking a nap. I felt a little thirsty again so I took the empty glass with me and headed towards the kitchen.

Well I didn't knew that my decision to fill up the glass of water will only bring tears in eyes and my glass will stay empty.