Chapter 44

"Just a girl with higher IQ I guess

"Just a girl with higher IQ I guess." That was all I could think of replying to them. I was beyond tired right now.
"Why don't you go home and rest. You clearly need sleep, we all do." Antonio said.

But his words took away all my sleep that was in my eyes. Home, this word has been becoming unfamiliar to me.
"I'm gonna go home now. You guys too go and rest." Antonio stated.
"Yeah me too." And one by one everyone left with the goodbyes. I as well got up and went outside. I didn't want to see anyone right now. I wish, I could divert my mind on something more so I don't remember anything that happened 12-16 hours ago. But that's not possible because now I'm starting to remember each and every word he spoke. Now, I'm starting to feel a little ache not only in my body but my head and heart too.

I just want to go far away from them right now. I somehow got out of the building on the main road. I looked around to see cars on the road. Do people here never sleep? I halted a cab and sat in it.
"Where to madam?" He asked.
Where to? Even I don't know where to. He again asked me same question. This time I gave him the address that I know wholeheartedly since I got here in Italy. I decided to text uncle Rick so he can deliver my message to the Barone's because they have made me realize that I will never one of them.

I opened my phone and saw the time to be 5 am. I searched his number and got to the text "tell them to not look for me and leave me alone now." With the simple text I turned off my phone. Within and hour I was standing in front of the place which I can always rely on. Though it is small but it is mine. My home. I got in and went straight to the bathroom to freshen up because I cannot sleep if I'm not clean. And right now I need to wash away all my worries, tensions and problems away. Within 15 minutes I was on my bed lulled to sleep.

Narrator's pov

The Barone's were in confusion right now. They left Hazel for few minutes in that room and now she's nowhere to be found. It was Santino, Achille and Gabrielle in the office right now. Alford left the office an hour or so ago because of grandson's insisting on getting him some rest. So Armando and him left the office. The boys were now worried because they couldn't find her so they checked the CCTV and found her getting into a cab. They were about to call home to check if she's arrived or not. But a phone call from Fedrick made their messed up situation worse. He told Santino about the message that Hazel have sent him.

After disconnecting the call Santino sat on the chair and held his head in his hands.
"Arlo what happened? Did we found her? Achille questioned him.
"I messed up Achille. I really messed up a big time now." His voice was full of guilt. He did realised his mistake after few hours of the fight but didn't say anything because his grandfather was their with them. He realised how wrong he was. Gabrielle kept looking at his brothers face and then decided to say the words he has been holding onto since the fight.

"You realised that now brother? I told you to keep your mouth shut otherwise you'll regret it. Now look it's actually happening."
"What are you saying Gabs?" Achille asked him.
"Oh why don't you ask our biggest and most wisest brother this question."
"What have you done Santino?" Achille asked.
He didn't replied. He was in guilt. He couldn't tell his brother what he have said to their sister few hours ago and that same sister even after listening to all his bullshit helped them and worked for 15 hours straight without eating, drinking or any break.
"I asked you both something?" This time Achille was getting angry. If you have seen Santino anger then you don't even know how bad Achille's anger can be.
"Let me tell you because by looking at him I'm sure he won't be able to repeat his good deed that he did to our sister. She just bought food for all of us because nana said we didn't had our breakfast in the morning. But he not only released his work anger on her but our fathers anger too. Santino do you really think she's ugly and she's the reason we don't have mother today?"
"WHAT.....!!!!!!!" Achille asked in surprise.

"I didn't meant any of those words. I was just frustrated and angry. I really didn't meant a single word that I told her believe me."
Achille couldn't control his anger and smashed his phone in the wall. He held his brother by the collars of his shirt and said next words dangerously low voice.
"I don't give a shit what you meant and what not. If you want me not to break every single bone in your body then bring back our sister home by the end of the day. Otherwise even I don't know what I'll do to you. Got it?"
"Sì"
"And you Gabrielle, don't think you are not to blame for it. Because you too are. You could have stopped it from happening."
"I did Achille......."
"And look where it have brought us..... you both heard me. I want my sister at home by the end of the day. It's time I fuckin set up all of your minds because it's enough now. You are holding grudges and anger on something which is already in the past. Do you think your anger towards her and father will bring our mother back? Do you think she will be proud of us when she'll see us treating our own blood our own bambina like a shit?"
They both looked at him with a realization in their eyes.
"Then you better work cleaning the mess you have made before it's too late."