Chapter 46

As the sky starts turning blue they storm in my heart starts building up

As the sky starts turning blue they storm in my heart starts building up. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to react. All I know is they've hurt me, all of them. A tiny peace of my heart longed to give them another chance but I can't do it. I can't let then walk on me again.

I looked at my phone and the time shows 7:15 am. Why is it that when you want to stay something the time seems to run fast, extremely fast. I really am not prepared to face all of them. My brothers, not at all including my father. But what about nonno and nana? They were in the same boat few days ago. Nonno didn't talked much like others and nana even told me to go back in my life. What the hell should I do? I groaned.

I was about to ask myself another question when I heard a little commotion in the house. Seems like they are awake and this hustle must be about me. God, please give me some magic powers so I can make myself disappear from here. I know this cannot be happening in real life so, I got up from my seat and decided to make their mouths shut.

I got in the living room to see Santino, Achille, Gabrielle and Edwaldo standing with worry on their faces.
"I told you guys it wasn't a good idea to bring her back home like that, now look she's gone again." Gabrielle said.
"Edwaldo call Lorenzo." Santino spoke.
"And what will he do?" Achille questioned him with hint of irritation.

They kept going back and forth and I kept listening them. Should I make my grand entrance now? I closed the door with little more then normally and fake yarned to show I just entered the room. I was still covered in the throw and had empty cup in my hand. I kept walking to toward the kitchen and make it seem like I haven't noticed these monkeys. I was about to enter the kitchen when someone pulled me back by my arm and next thing I know is someone is hugging me.

What in the flopping hell!!!!! I looked around and saw Achille, Gabrielle and Edwaldo standing in front of me with open mouths. That means it's non other than the one who blames me for our mother's death. That made my mood dropped even more. I don't want to stand even 5 inches closer to him. I brought my right arm between us and pushed him back with all my strength. I was angry like a boiling water right now.
"Touch me again like that and I'll break your arms."
The shock was clearly seen on his face. He didn't expected me to react like that, even I didn't. I just want to stay away from these idiots right now.
"Hazel, we were worried about you. You were not in your room." This time Edwaldo spoke.
"So? " I questioned him blankly.
"Hazel, we were really worried. We thought you left us." Gabrielle spoke in soft voice. Oh now he can speak....? Great.
"Do you think I have a place to hide from you all?"
"Why are you saying like that?" He spoke again.
"Because last time I checked I was at my home not here. With whose permission you all brought me back?" They all looked down when I asked this question.
"Great, that was expected from you."
I was about to go back in the kitchen when next thing Santino spoke halted my feet to take another step.
"I'm sorry Hazel." Did he really think his sorry will fix this. I looked back in his eyes.
"Sorry for what?"
"For everything that I did and said you that day. I know you are angry with me....." I didn't let him speak another word
"Do you think your damn sorry is going to fix anything? And who said I'm angry? Do you think I'm angry at you all? Huh..... No, I'm angry at myself for letting you all crush me like a paper. I'm angry at myself for believing that you all will accept me as a family, a sister, a daughter, a granddaughter. I'm angry at myself for letting you break my heart. Whatever you said that day was true. Even I knew somewhere in my heart that I'm the reason for my mother's death. But never in millions, I thought you'll rub it on my face."
I couldn't control my and my emotions started to come out. I just want them to know that this Hazel is broken now. Not even their sorry can fix it now.

"Hazel, please don't say that.... I beg you. I was just angry that day. Even I didn't know what I was talking. I definitely don't think you are the reason for......" he couldn't compete his own words now.
"What..... for her death..... couldn't even complete your own sentence now Mr. Santino Barone?"
This time Achille came forward and held my hands in his and spoke.
"I know we have hurt you cara, but believe us we would die before thinking anything like that. I'm not saying what happened that day was just happened because of anger and stress. I'm not even trying to justify anyone's actions but all I'm saying is just believe me if not him. You are not the reason for anything. I know we all were just stupid to not realise what we were doing. We all hurt you beyond our expectation. We just want to make things right now. Just give us another chance. Just one and last one. We won't let you down."

I kept looking at his face while he was talking. How easy it is for him to say like that.
"That is the issue Achille, I don't even want to stay 5 feet close to you all. Giving you another chance...... that's a whole different story. You brother did made me realise my mistake that I was making before and I'm really thankful for that."
"Please don't say like that Hazel. We all are your family, your brothers. We care for you immensely. Everyone loves you a lot bambina nonno, nana, dad, we all do" Edwaldo said in soft voice which showed that he was hurt by this, they all were.
But I'm not going to back down.
"Oh really!!!!! Did you just said father? The same man who haven't even looked me in the eye and spoke a single word of love. The same man who thinks this family doesn't need a girl because it makes your mafia family weak. If this is your love for me then I don't want this love."
I was so overwhelmed by my emotions that I didn't realise what I spoke. I definitely didn't want them to know that I was aware of their secret but guess my dumb mouth have a mind of its own and couldn't control itself from spilling out the beans.

They all were shocked now, I guess, the word shock is an understatement. I noticed their faces and when I realised what I've done I was now sure that they will not back out now to ask me all the details. Which my friends was true because the next thing I was about to hear was a shower of questions that I was definitely not interested in answering.

"How the hell do you know that?"