Chapter 67

Narrator's pov:

Narrator's pov:

Everyone looked at their brother and sister holding each other. Everyone had a lot of questions about the situation and their relationship but their priority was Hazel.
"Ettore, bring her in the dispensary. You all should wait here. We'll be back soon." Achille spoke facing his family members.

They both walked towards their destination and within few minutes they were in the room and Achille started working on her wound. They both were tensed and bit worried about their sister's health. Ettore couldn't help himself from asking the question that was in his mind for so long.
"She will be fine, right?" He asked not taking his eyes for the petite figure lying on the bed.

"Don't worry, the wound is not deep. She will be fine. She have to be." The last part was mostly for his reassurance. He kept working on his writ in silence. Though the cut was not deep, it still needed few stitches. Ettore kept looking at her resting face deep in thoughts. He still couldn't believe that just an hour ago she was so happy and within few minutes hell broke down.

As soon as Achille was done fixing her wrist up he told Ettore to take her in her room. Achille took some things along with him which he might need to give to his sister later. They both went in her room and Ettore lays her down on the bed to rest. They both went out of her room not before kissing her head. The helpers were still working on the dining area. They could hear some sniffles so they went in the living area. Everyone was in there own world of thought. Santino was the first one to notice them.

"How's she?"
"She'll be fine. Her wound is not much deep but still needed some stitches so she will be in pain when she gets up."
"Let me go see her." Armando got up to leave the room but Achille stopped him.
"She's asleep right now dad. Plus, we have other important things to worry about as well." He said looking towards his brother Umberto/Orlando.
Orlando on the other hand couldn't believe that he is the reason his sweet little sister is lying unconscious in her room. He still wants to believe that this is all a bloody nightmare. However, it wasn't. His mother, Enrica saw that his son was blaming himself for this. So, she went toward him and rubbed his back. Everyone could see the guilt on his face. He looked at his mother and said,
"This is not how I wanted our first meeting would be." He said with teary eyes.
"I know son." His mother consoles him.

By now everyone in the room had a clear idea about the relationship between Hazel and Umberto. No one wants to take any sides for now to justify right or wrong. Their main concern was Hazel and her health. The whole room was gloomy as if the light of their life have been snatched and they all can just see emptiness around them.

Alford looked at all his kids, he couldn't see them like this. He was hurting at well but he thought as their father he needs to get up to make them get out of this scene.
"My sweet children, sitting here thinking about her will do nothing. Boys get up and look after the work that is left aside. This will help you distract yourself from the situation. And ladies why don't you all see if everything is going smoothly in the kitchen? I'm sure when our principessa is awake she needs to be feed." Everyone nodded their head and went to do their work. Umberto was still sitting their lost in his thoughts. Alford looked at him and got up from his seat to sit beside him. He held his shoulder with his hand and said,
"My child, why don't we both go see her?" This got his attention and he looked at his nonno.
"Will she even look at me when she gets up? Will she wanted me their?"
"The question is not whether she wants you their or not. The question is are you ready to face her? Are you ready to handle her wrath again which I'm sure you'll get soon. Trust me I'm speaking from personal experience." Alford said with a smile. Umberto thought for few minutes and spoke.

"I'm ready nonno. I'm ready to face all the hell and I deserve it. I'll do anything to get her forgiveness." Hearing his word, Alford smiled again and gestured him to follow him. They both walked towards her room. As they entered they saw their lovely girl on her bed sleeping peacefully. Umberto walked to her side and sat on the floor whereas Alford got to the other side of her bed and sat their. They both kept watching her but no one spoke. Umberto couldn't help but get those images of scares on her back out of his head. He swore sitting their with her that he will find those bastards. They all will regret being born. At some point Alford left the room to check on his other family members.

He walked into the kitchen to see all the ladies busy with work. Though they were busy you could still see the sadness on his face. No one notice his so he left to check on his sons.

He went to Armando's office to him sitting with his brothers and his two friends. He heard his saying the part when they invited her to dinner but we all kind of got late and she slept on the couch. He knew that his sons will be fine so he got out of their to walked towards Santino's office. To his surprise it was empty.

He decided to check gym and only Gabbrielle and Niccolo was their. He got out of their to the main door of the house. He asked one of the guards about the whereabouts of his grandsons and the guard told his that they all left few minutes ago. He knew that they must have left to lose some steam out of them.

Then he walked back into the home and walked towards back of the house to see the youngest member of Barone family busy with Fedrick watering the plants. He knew that like other times this one will also pass. He just needs to hold his family tight so they don't fall apart. He have to give his family shade even though his back is burning with the heat.