Chapter 27

The Barone's

Narrator's pov:

Everyone moved towards dining hall to have dinner. Everyone sat on their respective seats and waited patiently for their meal.

"Would you care to explain Santino what's going in your mind. And why are you feeling like that?" Asked Arlo
"I don't know nonno but something is off. I can sense it and you know I trust my gut feeling." He replied
"If I think about it, I also feel something is off in her data." Niccolo said
"What you mean?" Asked Armando this time.
"Remember Arlo when you asked me find more about her when I handed you her file ?" Niccolo asked Arlo (Santino)
"Did you find anything suspicious?" Gabs asked
"Well, when I was checking about the birth place I couldn't find anything about that. Her file just says she when she was born, that's all. No information on hospital she was born, no information on mother or father. I even tried to further investigate about the place she was born but I could only see dead end. And you know what else is strange? "
"What?" Gabs and Achille asked same time.
"The orphanage where she grew up, they mentioned in Hazel's file that she was brought in their orphanage after two months when she was born and that the hospital name doesn't exist. I checked in every server possible there is but not a single clue. It's like someone......"
"Someone doesn't want anything to dig into her family history." Santino completes his sentence.
"Bingo fratello" Niccolo chimes.
"Niccolo, hand over all the information that you have on Hazel to Lorenzo. Achille call Lorenzo and ask him I need all the information on her in 24 hours." Alford roared to Niccolo
"Si Nonno"
"Do you think we'll find something bad on her? I mean she saved my sons life. I don't think she have any motive." Armando questioned to his father.
"Don't let your emotions overpower you son. How much do you know about that girl sleeping in that room. All of you, keep your emotions to yourself till we find clear on her. Make sure you all stay alert when she's with you. Am I clear?"
"Si....." everyone replied to Alford's commanding voice.
"Padre is right. If there's anything suspicious about her then it's better to maintain our distance with her." Armando stated.

While on the other side of the room no one knew that Hazel heard all the conversation. She woke up few minutes after everyone left the room due to her headache. When she heard what they thought about her she felt broken.

She decided to go back to the room. A lot of thoughts kept running in her mind with was making her headache worse. A lot of questions kept popping in her head to which she didn't have any answers.
She was hurt because of their doubts and she decided to find all the answers to her questions as soon as possible.

While on the other hand the whole family started with their dinner and decided to check on Hazel before going to bed. Hazel on the other hand was lying on the but she couldn't even close her eyes. She kept repeating Alfords and Armando's word in her mind "If there is something suspicious about her all of you stay alert. Maintain your distance towards her."

Everyone was done with their dinner and decided to call for the day. Alford and his wife first got up and retrieved to their room. Armando got up and decided to check on Hazel. As he was about to go in her room he got a call so he went in his office to receive it. All the brothers were still sitting but everyone was in his own world of thoughts.
"I'm going to check on Hazel before going to bed." Santino said.
"I'll come with you." Niccolo and Gabs said it together.
Other two brothers didn't said anything but decided to follow others.

Hazel was still awake and staring at the ceiling. She heard some footsteps and closed her eyes and relaxed her breathing which help her pretending to be asleep in reality.

Santino slowly opened the door to her room and enters quietly, others did the same to enter behind him. Santino walked to her bed and kept staring at her face.
"Is she asleep?" Edwaldo asked
"No she's dancing with her closed eyes and lying on the bed." Niccolo replied sarcastically.
Everyone tried hard not to laugh even Santino. Hazel was aware of what was happening but her mood was so off that she ignored them.

Santino kept looking at her face as if he will find all the answers he's looking for. He sat on the bed in front of her and held her hand in his hands. Everyone in the room was surprised by his actions because he never show his emotions to anyone and now all the brothers could see some type of emotions not only in his eyes but on his face too.
Santino was couldn't understand his feelings right now. All he could do was stare at her face. His next words made all the brothers completely speechless.
"There's something about her that's pulling me toward her, I don't know about you all but since day one that I met her something is........ something is odd....."
"What you mean? Achille asked.
"Don't you guys think she looks like someone we all know. And some of her habits too matches with someone."
"I'm not understanding? What habits?" Gabs asked.
"Remember the first day we met her?"
All the brothers nodded in response and Santino continues.
"When ever she sat back on her place after coming from kitchen she always flipped the side of the back pillow. If any of you guys remember who use to do that in our family....."
"Yeah ... I remember that and you know when I was there I found it one thing very strange." Edwaldo spoke.
"What?" Niccolo questioned.
"From what I noticed most of her things were all in even numbers or same color."
"And Nonno have this habit." Edwaldo replied and Santino continued.
"Also the last time when she was here I don't think anyone noticed it but she also have same birthmark as we all but in pink color. And it's also in same place."
"What!!!!" Niccolo spoke and others were surprised too. Hazel on the other hand was so astonished that she couldn't even understand what is going on? To make things natural she shifted her sleeping side but regretted right away because her arm started to hurt really bad so she hissed and opened her eyes.
"Hey... hey... Hazel.... you okay?"
Santino spoke so suddenly that she got scared.
"It's just me Arlo.... what happened?"
"It's hurt a lot Arlo." Hazel was unware of the words that were coming out of her mouth because the pain in her whole body was getting too much now and not to forget her headache was still there.
"Let me bring my kit to check her." Achille spoke and hurriedly went out of the room.
Hazel started feeling lightheaded and started feeling cold. Her hand was still in Santino's hand and she started squeezing it very hard because of what her whole body was going through.
"Hazel... don't close your eyes.... Achille is coming... okay.... don't close your eyes. Niccolo go check on him." Santino said
Hazel started seeing black dots so she started feeling scared because in past she always faint because of her step family and now as her mind couldn't comprehend what was happening but her body remembered what happened so she was scared to death. Before fainting she painfully looked at all the brothers and said "help me.... please."