Chapter 23

You know that feeling when you thought that you had planned everything out for today and nothings going to change but it was just the opposite that happened with you

You know that feeling when you thought that you had planned everything out for today and nothings going to change but it was just the opposite that happened with you. That exactly happened with me which is normal for me now because since birth I think I'm in this black hole that is filled with problems only and those problems are not leaving me till my death.

Today when I entered my workplace, the back area was filled with water. At first I got freaked out by seeing that flooded floor but that got fixed even though it took 2 hours. Luckily it was just a pipe leak which was minor and didn't cause much damage just some carpets and boxes. But it took my whole shift to clean and dry the floors and then the next person for the shift took over the responsibility and because of that we had to close the bakery today. Then as I was going home it started raining very hard and I got soaked up due to rain. Then I was just few feet near my door, I didn't saw that the floor was muddy because of water and I slipped so hard that my all clothes now were muddy too.

Then I entered home and took bath but my bum was hurting very bad also there was a huge bruise on my left one because of fall. As I was about to get out of my shower that I again slipped and this time my left arm took most of the impact. At that moment all I could feel was pain and it's been long that I felt this much pain. I was sure that I must have broken my arm because it was already dislocated two times because of my step parents. I was sure that this day was somehow not for me. Anyhow I got up from the floor to get dressed. I know that I have to go to hospital because I couldn't bare the pain much. I took my purse with my id's that are for such purposes because by law I'm still underage so I had to fraudulent with my id's to show my age to 18 years. After that I called the taxi and within half hour I'm in hospital getting x-rays done to check the disaster done in my arm. I was in middle of getting my plaster done that my phone rang. It was some unknown number so I just silenced my phone because first, I was in hospital and second I was in too much pain so this person can wait. But my phone rang again so I again put it ti silent. The doctor who was doing my plaster after that gave me some pain medication but I remember that I haven't eaten anything for whole day so I told the doctor that I can't take the pain meds empty stomach to which he smiled and asked one of the nurses to send some thing to eat from hospital canteen. After eating the meds I fell into deep slumber.

I opened my eyes to the dark room. Only a small table light was on. I tried to adjust myself a little but my whole body was in sour and in pain. I looked around the room to check but got startled to see a man sitting on the sofa in the corner of the room. Then I noticed that this room is kind of bigger than the room that I was in earlier. What's going on? I kept my eyes fixed on that person and stayed alert for his any sudden movements. I don't know what time it was or day and I really wanted to get out if this room without alerting this man. So, I slowly started to remove the covers from my body and gently got up so I don't make any sound. But when was luck on my side? As I was looking for my phone in that dim light I dropped something on the floor may be some packet but the noise was enough to wake that person because he spoke "what are you doing?" That startled me. I looked up to see Santino who was now near my bed and looking at me with concern in his eyes even though his face was void of emotions. What in the popcorn world he is doing here? I thought to myself but I heard a laugh coming from the man in front of me.

Did he just laughed at me I thought again and to answer my questions he spoke " you have some interestingly strange vocabulary and to answer your second question well yes I did laughed." I looked at him in very bored expression and asked " what are you doing here? And how do you know I was here? "
"Dad was trying to call you few hours ago but you didn't picked. Then your phone was answered by some guy from here and told us that you are sleeping. So, I came here to check if you are alive or not?" He said. He's in light mood today because otherwise he hardly said anything in the last two meetings.
"Oh!! I'm so sorry to burst your bubble but I'm alive and perfectly fine" I replied in with fake smile.
"But the plaster on your arm says otherwise. What happened?"
"I fell"
"How"
"I'm not going to give you details on that now"
"Oh! But I'd still like to know."
"Why"
"Because I want to."
"What if I don't want to tell you?"
"Then I have other ways to get the information from you Ms. Hazel"
I stared at him for few seconds and then decided to tell him one because he unaware of my patience level and second I kind of don't have enough energy to argue with him. I sighed, looked down and said
"I fell in bathroom" when I didn't hear anything from him in response I looked up to see an amusing expression on his face.
"What" now he's irritating me.
"Nothing, but I'm still confused how can a person break a bone just falling in the bathroom."
He's right but how can I tell him that this arm have already delt with few previous injuries from my past. How can I tell him that not only this arm but many other bone in my body had same experience.
"HAZEL" He startles me with his voice.
"Hmmm"
"I've been calling you. What are you thinking?"
"Nothing" I sighed and said with smile "Thank you for coming here. I know you are a busy man and It means a lot that you came to check on me."
"You don't have to thank me Hazel. We know each other now no need for formalities. Now get up and get dressed I've already took care of your discharge paperwork."
"What but why? And where are you taking me?"
"Home "..........